Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #3309 by Igor Sirkovich
Please note that we will cancel our meeting on Friday, November 24 to allow the stream members more time to attend the SMART on FHIR meeting at 11 am ET.

On December 1st, Pavel Smirnov and Nikolai Ryzhikov will present FHIRbase (fhirbase.github.io), their open source PostgreSQL based FHIR relational storage, and a commercial product AidBox (aidbox.io), which is based on FHIRbase.

On December 8th, Chris Mota from OntarioMD will present the Ontario FHIR-based HRM (Hospital Report Manager) architecture.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Igor Sirkovich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #3308 by Igor Sirkovich
Paul, the license number doesn't change with each annual renewal, and it's a common language to use Provide License Number as an identifier, so I don't see any issue with our original proposal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6 years 5 months ago #3288 by Paul Knapp
They do have control of the base url since they own the domain, and could choose to acquire a different domain to make the registry independent of Infoway and therefore both easier to move and shorter at the same time. Its just a choice which is easy to implement.
So you suggest 'fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry' rather than something like 'ehreg.ca' for the base.

I didn't know Infoway was using a FHiR server to implement the name system lookup, so I agree that you must follow the FHIR style there:
'[base]/NamingSystem/id'. Is the intention to have all Canadian name systems based at infoway or will jurisdictions and other issuing parties be allow to host their own?

I expect you can see my confusion that 'we would like to confirm the naming convention for Healthcare Provider License URIs' and '[jurisdiction code]-license-[license type]' might relate to licenses. Given that infoway, I presume, controls the allocation of the 'id' I expect they definition of the id would identify its source or use. I would have though something like the below might be clearer:
[jurisdiction code]-registration-[licensed provider type] - for registrations
[jurisdiction code]-license-[licensed provider type]-[year]-[license#] - for licenses

6 years 5 months ago #3287 by Lloyd Mckenzie
The base part of the URL we can't change - it's determined by the URL that Infoway has and by the FHIR rules for the URL that allow it to be resolvable. As well, we can't add hierarchy after "NamingSystem". The case requirements of NamingSystem are also dictated by FHIR. The only part we really have to determine is the content of the string that comes after "NamingSystem/". Given that Alberta physicians may be assigned different ids - e.g. jurisdictional provider ids, we do need to include "license" in the string. It may indeed be a registration, but the key is that it's the registration by the licensing body - as opposed to other registrations the provider might also receive.

6 years 5 months ago #3286 by Paul Knapp
Is this intended to hold the license number issued by the registrar (an annual event) or to hold the registration number of a licensed individual (a one time (normally) event? If the latter then I'd drop the term license from the url.

Also, I'd prefer much shorter urls - some of the efficiency complaints with OIDs was their length and that from a sorting perspective the most significant info is at the end - and these urls are much longer than the OIDs (20-35 characters)

rather than:
fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem/ab-license-physician (75 chars)

perhaps (and a domain for the registry like 'ehreg.ca' [available] would be better)
reg.infoway-inforoute.ca/NS/ab/physician (47 chars)
ehreg.ca/ns/ab/physician (31 chars)

Case independence of urls would be preferred.

Regards
Paul

6 years 5 months ago #3283 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello Everyone,

As we have just discussed at our weekly meeting, we would like to confirm the naming convention for Healthcare Provider License URIs to enable jurisdictional representatives to start working on the list of URIs pertaining to their respective jurisdictions (we have already loaded descriptions and OIDs of Healthcare Provider Licenses from various jurisdictions from the HL7 OID registry).

The proposed naming convention is fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem/[jurisdiction code]-license-[license type]

For example: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem/ab-license-physician or fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem/bc-license-pharmacist

Please post here if you agree with this naming convention or if you have any reservations.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.