LOINC® is the largest reference terminology used for Laboratory and Clinical observations in Canada today. The pan-Canadian LOINC Observation Code Database (pCLOCD) is a Canadian constraint of the larger LOINC terminology and includes example pan-Canadian names for jurisdictional lab viewers and recommended units of measure for use in Canada.
pCLOCD releases contains codes that are specific to use in Canada and is maintained by Canada Health Infoway. It is released on January 31 and July 31 of each year.
The LOINC release contains international content and is maintained by Regenstrief Institute and released in June and December of each year.
Download Latest Releases
Implementation Guidelines & Resources
- LOINC Mapping: Planning Lessons Learned
- LOINC Mapping: Developing Mapping Principles
- LOINC Mapping: Managing LIS Test Catalogues
- LOINC Mapping: Maintenance of Maps
- Mapping FAQs
- Guidance for Trending Lab Tests
- Laboratory Viewer Naming Guiding Principles and Rules
- LOINC Document Types
- Pre-Adopting Concepts and Identifiers
- Canada OID Registry Look Up