The Clinician Change Virtual Care Toolkit contains streamlined information from trusted sources that can be used to… https://t.co/jWjg9yNdNR
Canada Health Infoway is working closely with the provinces and territories (P/Ts) in support of the accelerated deployment or scaling of virtual care solutions. COVID-19 has created the impetus for moving quickly to virtual care solutions. Now, more than ever, Canadians want virtual and digital health solutions that enhance access to care.
Among the key common requirements are the need for well defined Security policies and tools that can be readily adopted to ensure that the virtual care investments made across the country maintain the safety and security of Canadians’ health information.
What are the common challenges facing Cybersecurity leaders?
- Healthcare organizations are "feeling” that cyber threats are increasing, and security is getting more complex. Healthcare providers are trying to keep up vs. focusing on delivery of patient care
- As more applications are moving to cloud, healthcare organizations are assessing a multitude of cloud services and their security and privacy processes
- There is a shortage of skilled cybersecurity experts to meet the workforce's needs, so leaders depend more on collaboration with others in their industry
- COVID-19 had led to organizations dealing with security risks associated with a remote work force, and supporting patients without bringing them into the clinical setting
- Service providers are challenged by differing security requirements across jurisdictions, even when implementing solutions with Pan-Canadian reach
This community welcomes participation by Security leaders from:
- Healthcare delivery organizations
- Members of Federal, Provincial and Territorial Governments (P/Ts), Jurisdictions,
- Private sector digital health service and product vendors who wish to work with jurisdictions and health delivery organizations
Canada Health Infoway can help enable health delivery organizations to share in economies of scale and private sector businesses to efficiently and effectively interact with health organizations across Canada.
- Standard Security Requirements and evaluation criteria for use in procurement processes, including security architecture and testing requirements. (Targeting Summer 2021)
- Templates for Security Policies and Standards - customizable for specific uses and shared with Participants as an open Cybersecurity resource. (Targeting Fall 2021)
The following is a directory of resources that are free or not-for-profit serving Cybersecurity in the Healthcare sector
- Canadian Center for Cybersecurity (CCCS) - https://cyber.gc.ca/
- Canadian Cyber Threat eXchange (CCTX) - https://cctx.ca/
- Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) https://www.cira.ca/
Ann-Marie Westgate, Director of Security, Canada Health Infoway
Click Manage documents to:
- view the complete list of documents or documents grouped by folder
- upload a new document