Infoway is your Canadian source for standards that facilitate the availability of accurate health information at the right time, to the right person – conditions which lead to improved patient safety, faster access to care, cost savings, and ultimately better outcomes for consumers, clinicians and the health care system.
These standards are used to code and accurately share data to support a wide range of business and clinical needs such as:
- Clinical decision support (e.g. alerts and reminders)
- Synoptic reporting (e.g. cancer care management)
- Safe and secure exchange of health care information (e.g. drugs, labs, diagnostic imaging) across the continuity of care
- Population health management (e.g. screening, public health)
- Data analytics (e.g. performance management, research)
If you don't already have one, you can register for an Infoway Account.
Learn more about HL7 Membership.
Standards Access FAQ
Q Are there any fees to access Standards?
A. Standards access is available at no charge. Fees are only collected for select HL7 materials and HL7 International privileges. This means that all SNOMED CT, LOINC and Infoway solutions such as InfoRMS, Terminology Gateway, Canadian FHIR Registry and others, are available at no cost. The HL7 Membership page lists the HL7 fee table and additional details.
Q I tried to register for access to HL7 International but I live and work outside of Canada. Why can't I access HL7 International Material?
A. Infoway's HL7 Affiliate Agreement stipulates that we can only provide access to HL7 International Material to members that reside in Canada, with the following exceptions noted below:
- Those living outside of Canada but working full time for a Canadian organization who has HL7 International Access with Infoway; or
- Those with business in Canada who are also HL7 International organizational members in good standing.
Contact the Infodesk: