Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

6 years 1 month ago #3787 by Igor Sirkovich
Hi Finnie,

I'm wondering if you propose to assign URIs to identify these organizations as entities or to the pools / namespaces of identifiers assigned by these organizations to their clients and/or employees. I assume it's the later, in which case I'm wondering if you have any descriptions or links to webpages that describe how these organizations manage identifiers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #3786 by Finnie Flores
Hi Igor,

Have URIs been assigned to the federally-provided identifiers (e.g. Canadian Armed Forces, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Correctional Service Canada, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Veterans Affairs Canada, First Nations and Inuit Health).

If not, could URIs be assigned to them?

Thanks
Finnie

6 years 1 month ago #3769 by Igor Sirkovich
Hi Iryna, I've just uploaded the recording

6 years 1 month ago #3755 by Iryna Roy
Hello Igor,

Is there a recording available from Andrew's presentation?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Iryna

6 years 1 month ago #3751 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello Everyone,

At our meeting today, Andrew Liu from Infoway will be presenting architecture of PrescribeIT, Canadian FHIR-based electronic prescribing system.

I hope to see all of you today at 2 pm easter time.

6 years 1 month ago #3721 by Igor Sirkovich
Hi Finnie,

We will have to keep using "...ca-on-patient-hcn" for Ontario Health Card Number as it's been already in use by many projects. We have a statement under the URI guidelines were we list exclusions from the naming convention: "10a. Exceptions: Ontario "ca-on-patient-hcn" for Ontario health card number; "ca-on-pharmacy-id-ocp": for Ontario Pharmacy IDs assigned by Ontario College of Pharmacists, "ca-on-scc-license": for Ontario Specimen Collection Centres Licenses".

We list "ehealthontario.ca/API/FHIR/NamingSystem/ca-on-patient-hcn" as an alternate URI under the NamingSystem and plan to gradually migrate Ontario projects to "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-patient-hcn" over time. Ontario FHIR specifications define a base URL (ehealthontario.ca/API/FHIR/NamingSystem/) separately from the concept name "ca-on-patient-hcn", so this move to Infoway's base URL should be an easy change for future releases of Ontario FHIR based applications.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.