Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

5 years 8 months ago #4160 by Lloyd Mckenzie
Step one would be submitting a change request. It would probably be assigned to the MnM work group as it's a generic datatype extension. We'd tackle it on one of our Wed. 4 Eastern calls. We might take it up next Wednesday, if not probably the following week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #4159 by Ken Sinn
Thanks for the input, Lloyd and Igor.

We will begin using the extension as defined under the fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca, while this extension is introduced to the international community. Lloyd, what is the process for bringing this forward as an extension? Should this be brought through a specific working group's weekly call?

5 years 8 months ago #4156 by Igor Sirkovich
On a different note, please note that the meeting on Friday, July 27 is cancelled.

I'm also going to cancel two other summer meetings on August 10 and 24 as there seems no interest to have these meetings during the summer vacations period.

We will resume our regular meetings on September 7.

In the meantime, please review the list of all the new (green) and updated (orange) URIs and post your comments.

5 years 8 months ago #4155 by Igor Sirkovich
Lloyd, I think it's a good suggestion and we should definitely consider adding this as an international extension.

We might have some other extensions defined by various jurisdictions that are of a broader Canadian interest and I think it would make sense to define these extensions under fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca.

5 years 8 months ago #4152 by Lloyd Mckenzie
I think there's utility to registering the definition of an extension as "high" as you expect it might reasonably be used. I'm wondering if it would make sense to have an extension that encompasses both this notion of "health card version" and "credit card security code". They're both short strings that are sent on a physical token that help confirm the validity of that token and change each time a new physical token is issued, even when the base identifier remains unchanged. (I think there are similar concepts for birth certificates and certain other identity documents too.) Something like "identifier.security-code". If we wanted to do that, it would make sense to actually register the notion with HL7 international, as it's a general notion that would apply quite a few places.

Other opinions?

5 years 8 months ago #4149 by Ken Sinn
Are there any thoughts on using the fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/ URL root for hosting of pan-Canadian extensions?
Specifically, we already have Ontario Health Card (OHIP) Number assigned to an Infoway URI, as an identifier system. The Ontario Health Card Version Number is an extension currently being used by a handful of assets, and is hosted until the www.ehealthontario.ca URL root.

Wondering if there were any thoughts for/against assigning the definitional URI of "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/StructureDefinition/ext-identifier-health-card-version-code" for this extension, or if it should remain local to the jurisdictions/assets.

Thanks for any insight/opinions!

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.