Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

5 years 6 months ago #4291 by Igor Sirkovich
I've got a conflicting meeting today. I will start the Zoom call at 1:50 pm, but will join the meeting later, likely between 2:15 and 2:30 pm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #4257 by Alexander Goel
Should probably get an expert opinion on this, but here might be a place to start defining such an extension: www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1100100032405/1100100032419 - how status is defined by the Government of Canada, guidelines for service providers (I assume this includes hospitals)

5 years 6 months ago #4256 by Lloyd Mckenzie
There's already a standard extension for religion. I wasn't aware that Canadian systems typically bother with race or ethnicity from an "administrative" perspective. (In the U.S. they have specific regulations to capture it.) If we want it for clinical purposes, it should be an Observation. Aboriginal flag and aboriginal address are posisble Canadian extensions if we can come up with good agreed definitions.

5 years 6 months ago #4255 by Shamil Nizamov
Have we ever defined ethnicity, race, religion, aboriginal flag, aboriginal address and similar extensions to be used in Canada? I'd suggest to add this as a topic to this WG.

5 years 6 months ago #4254 by Shamil Nizamov
Hi everyone,

I've uploaded the list of BC OIDs/URIs to the URI spreadsheet as a "BC OIDs" sheet at - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-KuJ2SzuUPklQSkzYgdlK4A7ROlZcXaKr6f6UP9wR4s/edit#gid=962550119 - for approval.

Once agreed, I'll upload those as NamingSystems to Canadian URI Registry on Simplfier.

Regards,
Shamil

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.