Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

6 years 1 month ago #3680 by Igor Sirkovich
Hi Finnie,

I think these recommendations are final as we haven't received any objections. I've updated the Google Sheet , but will need to perform some QA to ensure I've got everything right. I will also appreciate if other members of FHIR Solution Architecture stream can review this spreadsheet and help with QA.

We had also started exploring an option of migrating our URIs to a real FHIR NamingSystem resource hosted by Infoway and exposed on Simplifier (Canadian FHIR Registry).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #3678 by Finnie Flores
Hi Igor,

Thanks for posting these recommendations.

Apologies, I missed the last call. How close to final are these recommendations? And when will the worksheet be updated?

Thanks
Finnie

6 years 1 month ago #3672 by Igor Sirkovich
An example of the proposed changes:

Current: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem/pe-patient-healthcare-identifier
New: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-pe-patient-healthcare-id

Removed "registry/", added "ca-", changed "identifier" to "id"

6 years 1 month ago #3671 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello Everyone,

We've had a very productive meeting today. We've made several decisions related to our URI naming convention and will appreciate feedback of the group before we make changes in our URI registry:
  1. We will remove "registry" from the base URL under Infoway root
  2. We will keep our URIs under "https" and won't change to "http"
  3. We will use "ca-" prefix (Canada) before a jurisdictional code prefix (e.g. "ca-bc-" rather than "bc-" to enable accommodation of non-Canadian URIs in the future
  4. We keep a recommendation to avoid abbreviations (to improve readability and support unambiguous understanding of terms whenever is possible and makes sense), but we've also added a number of acceptable abbreviations (e.g. country & jurisdictional codes and "id" for "identifier". Please post here any other suggestions for acceptable abbreviations - ones that can be unambiguously understood by implementers
  5. We've also added a couple of exceptions for URI that have already been in use by a number of projects
  6. We plan to start working on a set of recommendations for naming convention of profiles, extensions, data types and logical models (StructureDefinition)
  7. We plan to review Lloyd's FHIR URI Strategy document to determine sections that should be published on either FHIR or Canadian FHIR Registry website to benefit FHIR implementers

Please let us know by Tuesday, February 27 a list of OIDs under Infoway's base URL from our registry your projects has already started using -
we can keep these URIs as a repetition of the NamingSystem.uniqueId data element.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #3628 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello All,

This is a reminder that our meeting starts in 30 minutes, at 2:00 pm ET.

We plan to discuss the proposal of eHealth Ontario to make some changes to the base URL of the Canadian URIs and to talk about an option of using the Canadian FHIR Registry to expose all Canadian URIs.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Igor Sirkovich.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #3544 by Tue Hoang
As per your thought on building FHIR Server on Mirth and not using Mirth as connector in between SoF and other third parties. I find that interesting too. Let take this off-line to discuss further. My email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Tue Hoang.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.