Share this page:

map-pin Solution Architecture work stream

6 years 10 months ago #2777 by Igor Sirkovich
Hello Everyone,

Please note that the meeting on Friday, June 30 has been cancelled.

See you all at our next meeting on Friday, July 7.

Happy Canada Day and have a great long weekend!

Igor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #2764 by Alexander Goel
My mistake!

6 years 10 months ago #2762 by Igor Sirkovich
Alex, I think lowercase applies only on UUIDs: "Note: URIs are case sensitive. For UUID (urn:uuid:53fefa32-fcbb-4ff8-8a92-55ee120877b7) use all lowercase".

6 years 10 months ago #2740 by Alexander Goel
I think that for naming we should be going with what has been defined by the broader FHIR community. www.hl7.org/fhir/datatypes.html

The spec suggests all lower-case.

6 years 10 months ago #2728 by Randy Nonay
Just to get my context somewhat clarified:
1. "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem" is good for common public, but what about other types of common identifiers such as Private identifiers and code systems (assuming any are used at this level)? The 3 groups/types we have typically identified are Local Public Identifiers, Private identifiers, and Local Code systems. In context these would be Canada wide value sets. Not entirely sure we need these at this level, but regionally we would likely use them.
2, 3 - agreed (but I'd still prefer Camel Case... old habits die hard).
4, 5 - are the scoping prefixes needed? If we have "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem" for Canada identifiers, and "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/ab/NamingSystem" for Alberta identifiers, isn't adding "ab" to the naming system already accounted for in the url? Similarly for any Canada identifiers - the base URL says its from Canada - unless we are registering values from other countries?
Perhaps we want to make Canada base "fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/ca/NamingSystem" to make it so that each region is scoped in the same way?

This assumes that we would have a national registry holding all uris so that we have a one-stop shop to look them up from. And each region would own/moderate the URIs under their regional root.

6, 6a - To really do this properly, we will require some sort of look up to find the right term to look for, showing the various alternatives and linking to the desired/recommended common form (and vice versa).

7,8 - agreed

isirkovich wrote: URI guidelines
1. Base url for common public identifiers: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/registry/NamingSystem
2. Ids should be all all-lower-case-hyphen-separated
3. Ids should avoid abbreviations
4. Ids that are scoped by province/territory should be prefixed with the province/territory code - e.g. "ab-some-identifier"
5. Ids that are national in scope should be prefixed with "ca-" - e.g. "ca-some-identifier"
6. Words that make up the identifier should start from the general type and then get more specific. E.g. "on-license-driver" rather than "on-driver-license"
6a. Words should be consistent across identifiers when possible. I.e. Try to use "patient-health-number" if everyone else is using "patient-health-number"
7. Words should be expressed in the primary language of the province/territory that manages them
8. Words should not use accented characters

6 years 10 months ago #2727 by Attila Farkas
Tim, the service doesn't exist yet. It is a placeholder for now. We are using it to exemplify how we would form references to content and where the content would live. I believe this was the intent in the googledocs.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.