Share this page:

file Happy New Year! Let's Start off the New Year with Introductions!

6 years 3 months ago #3478 by Diane Gutiw
Happy New Year Lori-Anne! Thanks for adding your intro! We look forward to 'seeing' you on the next community call!

Diane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #3476 by Lori-Anne Huebner
Happy New Year! My name is Lori-Anne Huebner and I am the Benefits Realization Lead for the System Coordinated Access Program located at the eHealth Centre of Excellence in Waterloo, Ontario. I work with Paula (introduced below) on a provincial program team deploying an electronic referral solution in 6 LHINs. My focus is on identifying the clinical and organizational value that is realized through the use of digital health tools to help support the clinical adoption and sustained meaningful use processes. I have worked in the field of health care evaluation for 20 years, and I love seeing how enabling technologies can be used to drive best practices and enhance the clinical experience for both patients and providers. I always appreciate the learnings that are shared through this forum by others across the continuum of care.

6 years 3 months ago #3475 by Diane Gutiw
Hi Paula

Thank you for adding your introduction! Please let us know if there are any specific topics you would like to see covered over the next few months. We look forward to 'seeing' you on the community January 30th!

Diane

6 years 3 months ago #3463 by Paula Martin
Hi,

My name is Paula, and I am a Project Coordinator with the eHealth Centre of Excellence in Waterloo Ontario. I am currently working on the System Coordinated Access initiative which is deploying eReferral in 5 LHINs across Ontario. I initially joined this group because of my previous work in Health Links/Coordinated Care for complex patients, but continue to find the topics of great interest and education. I have a passion for interoperability/standards, and am currently bringing myself up to speed with HL7 FHIR, with previous experience in EncodeFM, SNOMED and ICD 9. Looking forward to a great 2018!

6 years 3 months ago #3461 by Finnie Flores
Thanks for the introduction Kim. Sounds like your doing some exciting projects. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Finnie

6 years 3 months ago #3458 by Finnie Flores
Hello all. Thanks Diane for getting this started.

My name is Finnie Flores and the co-lead with Diane for this community. I am a Program Lead in Architecture & Standards at Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). I have been extensively involved in health informatics standards development and implementation (e.g. HL7 v2, v3, CDA, FHIR) and has been involved in the development of health information systems for both clinical and health system uses. Some projects I've been involved with in the past are eReferral and Discharge Summary standards, PHC EMR content standards, Canadian Patient Experience Reporting System (CPERS), and CIHI Reference Data Model. Most recently, I have been involved in the development of CIHI's interRAI Integrated Reporting System (IRRS) which is a FHIR-based system. I have been working in informatics/information management field for the past 20+ years. My undergraduate training is in computer science and I have a masters degree in public health and education.

Happy new year and looking forward to "meeting" you all! :)

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.