Share this page:

file FHIR North

7 years 6 months ago #1623 by Igor Sirkovich
Replied by Igor Sirkovich on topic FHIR North
Ontario is also interested in putting CR & PR on FHIR and we would like to participate in a working group if one gets established. We've been looking at IHE PIXm & PDQm for CR. There is not much available in regards to PR, though there are a couple of interesting posts at argonautwiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Implementation_Guide#Provider_Directory and david.portnoy.us/provider-network-directories-on-fhir/.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #1622 by Kris Lewis
Replied by Kris Lewis on topic FHIR North
Following this.

Shamil, we are also looking at using FHIR with Provider Registry. We've already started some prototype work with good success success based on the PRS data model which has a significant footprint in Canada. I would love to get a group together to work on basic profiles for Canadian use. We have some folks who'd be willing to help.

-Kris

7 years 6 months ago #1620 by Michael Nusbaum
Replied by Michael Nusbaum on topic FHIR North
For anyone interested, there is already an IHE Profile that uses FHIR for Client Registry... PDQm.

7 years 6 months ago #1618 by Elliot Silver
Replied by Elliot Silver on topic FHIR North
Shamil, for provider directories, I know Eric Heflin of THSA (Texas) has submitted a work item to IHE ITI for FHIR provider registries. You should also check with him. (I recognize that it isn't Canada-specific, but since the profile isn't written yet, your input could inform the development.)

7 years 6 months ago #1614 by Shamil Nizamov
Replied by Shamil Nizamov on topic FHIR North
Client and Provider Registries are likely the first candidates, with further Lab domain and CDA to FHIR mapping in mind. We have not "officially" started this work yet, so I don't want to go deeper explaining all technical glitches we need to overcome (such is incompatible data sets, etc.)

7 years 6 months ago #1613 by Gavin Tong
Replied by Gavin Tong on topic FHIR North
Good points James. Shamil, can you let us know what type of resources your interested in or the domain of care your looking to support with FHIR based data exchange?

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.