Share this page:

file ISO work on Person and Provider Identification

6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #8735 by Shannon O'Connor
Hello Beverly,

It's very exciting to hear that ISO is moving forward with work on sex and gender! As you might be aware, CIHI has been doing a lot of work in this area recently. Perhaps we should connect to ensure that our efforts are aligned before you move forward with determining the approach and scope? We'd be happy to remain involved in the ISO work and to ensure alignment on a pan-Canadian and international level.

I'll reach out via e-mail and hopefully we can connect ASAP!

Have a great day!

Shannon O'Connor
Program Lead, Data Standards
CIHI
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Shannon O'Connor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #8734 by Beverly Knight
Hi
I presented back in March on the plans for integrating Sex and Gender related data elements in the work item to update Person and Provider data elements in an ISO standard. As I said then our initial focus was to defer the sex and gender data elements until we had progressed the other data elements required for person identification. I am now about to undertake the work on addressing the sex and gender data elements.

In March a couple of folks indicated an interest in assisting with this effort but since so much time has passed, I wanted to do a call out for those who wish to meet with me to discuss an approach, scope and content. If anyone would like to assist, please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I would like to start this very soon now.

Once we have agreed on the approach and scope, I would be happy to present it for discussion with this group if folks would like that.

thankyou
Beverly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.