Share this page:

file Questions prior to publishing the Canadian URI Registry

8 months 2 weeks ago #8642 by Mukesh Kashyap
Hi Joanie and all

Thank you for bringing this for discussion. In British Columbia we are also in discussion about publishing the URI on Canadian URI Registry and/ or local for BC. It will be nice to have some clear direction/ process from CHI for consistency across all jurisdictions. The process could define and set the timeline for various state of publication.

Thanks
Mukesh Kashyap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #8639 by Randy Nonay
Most of the URIs already indicate which jurisdiction they belong to, and there is also information about who added/edited them available there.

So perhaps what is needed is to identify those involved originally, and see who is still around.

Thomas and I are still here handling Alberta URIs...

8 months 2 weeks ago #8638 by Cindy Jiang
Perhaps Infoway can put together a spreadsheet of the URIs and identify who should review each entry, and put it in a shared space for the jurisdictions to review and confirm the completion of their review? I'm open to other suggestions as well.

8 months 2 weeks ago #8633 by Joanie Harper
Hi Cindy,

My thought in starting this thread is that the jurisdictional representatives, and possibly community members, could discuss and determine what the process should be ahead of any publication of the Canadian URI Registry.

As far as I can tell, there is no process right now and I am simply trying to facilitate that discussion with an eye to getting the registry published per the request that Infoway has received.

Best Regards,
Joanie

8 months 2 weeks ago #8632 by Cindy Jiang
Hi Joanie,

I agree with Randy that the jurisdictions will need to review and confirm the status of the jurisdictional URIs. What would be the process of such review prior to the publication of the URI Registry?

Cindy

8 months 2 weeks ago #8630 by Joanie Harper
Hi Randy,

We have received a request to publish the URI registry.

I mentioned this request on the HL7 Canada Council call yesterday and there was concern that some cleanup should likely happen before anything is published and that it would be best to put this out to the community for comment and feedback prior to any publication.

The ask is more for Jurisdictional representatives, along with the broader Canadian FHIR community, to think through what should be done prior to a formal publication of the Canadian URI Registry.

Does that help?

Joanie

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.