Share this page:

file Ethnicities

4 years 4 months ago #5594 by Finnie Flores
Ethnicities was created by Finnie Flores
Hello all,

Cross posting this from FHIR Implementation Guide.

In response to the following post infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/forum/266-fhir-implementations/3110-baseline-canadian-fhir-profiles-entities-stream-calls#5525, I have posted a comment for consideration:

Hi,

Has the Statistics Canada list of ethnic origins reported in 2016 been looked at as a possible guide to narrow the list of supported ethnicities in the value set in Terminology Gateway? Here is the link: www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/prof/details/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo1=PR&Code1=01&Geo2=PR&Code2=01&Data=Count&SearchText=Canada&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=Ethnic+origin

Additionally, has the full list of Statistics Canada ethnic origins been looked at to see what a full list for ethnicities might look like? www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=402936&CVD=402938&CPV=3.4&CST=18092017&CLV=2&MLV=3

Lastly, has the Statistics Canada list of ethnic origins been considered as a possible coding system? (To note: I have sent an inquiry to Statistics Canada re: RFC process for their list, how stable their codes are, and maintenance/publication frequency and I'm awaiting for their response).

Thoughts?

Thanks
Finnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.