Share this page:

exclamation-circle Remote Reporting for Imaging

9 years 5 days ago #435 by Kinson Ho
Chris,

Correct me if I am wrong. With regards to Connectathon testing, since this implementation guide is not published as an IHE profile, my understanding is that the Connectathon Technical Project Manager will not develop test plans for it and it will not be available for vendors to sign up. No scoring will be provided. On the other hand, in the past, there were similar activities that a Deployment Committee can coordinate with IHE USA to share the same Connectathon venue to exercise extra interoperability testing. These extra activities will be managed by the particular Deployment Committee, including test plans, project manager, scoring, etc.

Unless you are referring to testing XDS-I and XDW. In this case, certainly XDS-I and XDW are existing IHE profiles and can be tested as usual. However, how will such testing exercise the specific remote reading workflow that will be documented in this implementation guide? For example, there will be at least minimum remote reading specific content in the task. Also there will be difference use cases such as reading assignment versus query for open tasks.

All,

From IHE Radiology, we are still targeting to release the Remote Reading profile that based on UPS-RS technology for public comment some time in June. Currently two webex sessions have been scheduled to review the content before public comment:

May 18 10am - 3pm Eastern
May 30 11am - 1pm Eastern

Feel free to join to get a sneak peak of what is coming. The webex information is available in the IHE webex

ihe.webex.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 days ago #432 by Chris Lindop
The XDW/XDS-I Implementation Guide draft has been uploaded for review and comment prior to our next call on May 22.

ic.infoway-inforoute.ca/resources/docs/imagingdocs/213-remote-reporting-of-images-xdw-xds-i-implementation-guide-draft

9 years 6 days ago #429 by Chris Lindop
Remote Reporting for Imaging Project Status

The SCWG members submitted a proposal to IHE Radiology for an XDW/XDS-I Remote Read proposal which was approved for development by the IHE Radiology Planning Committee in October 2014 with IHE ITI collaboration to address infrastructure profile gaps. IHE Radiology Technical Committee debated the use of XDW/XDS workflow model. During the Mar 30-April 7 Radiology Technical Committee Meeting, the technical committee chose not to continue with the XDW/XDS approach in favor of using DICOM workflow interface. Due to this delay, the profile is not slated for completion this cycle.

An XDW/XDS-I Remote Reporting Profile is still of interest internationally. IHE Radiology will start a new cycle. A new proposal will be submitted. It will be important to collaborate with other regions internationally. In support of this, our project needs to focus on the development and and promotion of the XDW/XDS-I Integration Guide for Remote Read. Testing can be initiated in the January 2016 Connectathon cycle. Pilot programs can start as soon as Summer of 2016.

Regarding this project, using the current approach proposed by the IHE Radiology Technical Committee would be high risk and would require substantial investment and delays. This approach will require additional infrastructure components to be developed. The proposed technology has never been deployed or tested at this scale. It does not take into account the existing XDS-I infrastructure. Nor does it take into account the ability to manage workflow independent of a centralized workflow manager.

The project plan is to continue the development in concert with the IHE process. Meet bi-weekly to complete the implementation guide. Work with IHE(ITI, PCC and RAD) to improve XDW/XDS-I framework in support of this workflow. Specificaly work with IHE Radiology to adopt XDW with their profile development.

Next steps:
1) Review and comment on the current draft XDW/XDS-I Implementation Guide for Remote Read for next meeting May 22.
2) Complete implementation guide content by end of June.
3) Release for public review comment, July. (involve IHE Canada for external cross-regional review?)
4) Promote testing with the underlying profiles at the January Connectathon; Summer 2015 using the implementation guide as a framework
5) Promote with IHE Radiology, including the current profile development and future with the next cycle
6) Plan for pilot testing in Summer 2016

9 years 1 month ago #350 by Ben Macerola
FYI.....Times listed for IHE meetings are in Central Standard Time

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #346 by Diane Larwood
IHE Meetings next week to continue this work

wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Rad_Tech_Agenda_2015-03-30_to_2015-04-02

Meeting Directory

* ftp://ftp.ihe.net/radiology/iherad-2015/Tech_Cmte/Supp_Development/

WebEx Information

* WebEx link<ihe.webex.com/ihe/j.php?MTID=m3f044bdc86526ed3c577d372a77d40b0>
* Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
* Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
* Meeting Number: 923 882 037
Times listed below are in Central Standard Time

Monday, Mar 30, 2015:
09:30-12:00: Remote Reporting for Imaging (2.5)
03:00-05:00: Remote Reporting for Imaging (4.5)

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2015:
01:30-03:30: Remote Reporting for Imaging (6.5)

Wednesday, Apr 1, 2015:
11:00-12:00: Remote Reporting for Imaging (8.5)

Thursday, Apr 2, 2015:
10:30-12:30: Remote Reporting for Imaging (10.5)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Ben Macerola.

9 years 1 month ago #317 by Diane Larwood
Cross Domain Reporting was initiated by SCWG10 members and subsequently presented to IHE Radiology and approved as a work item for this year as Remote Reporting for Imaging. Further information can be found on the IHE website at wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Remote_Repo...adiology)_-_Proposal. It was thanks to the members of SCWG 10 that this item was accepted for development by IHE this year as many participated in the IHE Radiology Technical Committee voting process.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.