If you have an Infoway account and accept the SNOMED CT license agreements annually, you may:
- review SNOMED CT for the purposes of personal study to help increase your understanding,
- submit a Request for Change and participate in standards-related discussions,
- incorporate, distribute and use SNOMED CT in products,
- develop an operating information systems with SNOMED CT, or
- create extensions or derivatives of a national or international release such as cross-maps and subsets and for research purposes.
There are two agreements that are required prior to getting access to SNOMED CT material.
- the SNOMED CT Affiliate Agreement EN & FR, January 2020, and
- the SNOMED CT Canadian National License Agreement EN & FR, January 2017.
|SNOMED International Specific Conditions|
|Sharing with non-Member Countries||
As an Affiliate Licensee you can allow the International Release of SNOMED CT to be used in other countries that are NOT SNOMED International Members. However, prior to use in the non-Member country you are required to notify SNOMED International and Infoway. You are also required to:
|Applications to Waive Fees||
Applications to SNOMED International can be made to waive the fees in specific situations. For more information, contact SNOMED International.
|Providing Browsers and Related Services||
SNOMED International has outlined conditions for any Affiliate that provides publicly available SNOMED CT Browsers and Related Services. The Affiliate must require users to accept a sublicense either:
SNOMED International strongly recommends a sublicense that:
|Use of the Canadian National Release||
The Canadian National Release of SNOMED CT, the SNOMED CT CA Edition, can only be used by those that have accepted the Canadian National License Agreement.
|Translations of SNOMED CT||
Under license agreement with SNOMED International, Canada Health Infoway, as a Member country, has the right to translate the SNOMED CT International Release.