Copyright Notice and License
Canada Health Infoway Inc. (Infoway) has created the SC code systems (SCPQUAL, SCPTEMP, SCPTYPE) (the "SC Code Systems") to address local requirements in Canada. Infoway maintains the copyright on these code systems.
- To prevent the dilution of the purpose of the SC Code Systems of providing a definitive standard for identifying clinical expertise and qualification information in electronic reports, User shall not use these SC Code Systems for the purpose of developing or promulgating a different standard for identifying expertise and qualifications in electronic reports and messages.
- User may use and modify the SC Code Systems as permitted herein.
- User shall not change the meaning, the name or any content of the SC Code Systems.
- SC Code Systems may be used in electronic messages without the need to include this Copyright Notice and License or a reference thereto in the message.
- User may make and distribute an unlimited number of copies of SC Code Systems. Each copy thereof must include this Copyright Notice and License. This Copyright Notice and License must appear on every printed copy of the SC Code Systems. Where SC Code Systems are distributed on a fixed storage medium (such as CD-ROM), a printed copy of this Copyright Notice and License must be included on or with the storage medium in a file called "SC Code Systems license.txt". Where SC Code Systems are distributed via the Internet, this Copyright Notice and License must be accessible on the same Internet page from which SC Code Systems are available for download.
- Subject to Section 1 and the other restrictions hereof, User may incorporate portions of the SC Code Systems into another master term dictionary or software program for distribution outside of the User's corporation or organization, provided that any such master term dictionary or software program adheres to all of the terms and conditions as specified in this Copyright Notice and License. Every copy of SC Code Systems incorporated into or distributed in conjunction with another database or software program must include the following notice:"This product includes all or a portion of the SC Code Systems and is subject to a license from Canada Health Infoway Inc. (Infoway). Your use of the SC code systems is subject to this license, a copy of which is available at: https://infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/about/tou/sc-code-systems
Infoway has created the SC code systems to address local requirements in Canada. Infoway maintains the copyright on these localized additions. All rights reserved.If the master term dictionary or software program containing the SC Code Systems is distributed with a printed license, this statement must appear in the printed license. Where the master term dictionary or software program containing the SC Code Systems is distributed on a fixed storage medium, a text file containing this information also must be stored on the storage medium in a file called "SC Code System_license.txt". Where the master term dictionary or software program containing the SC Code Systems is distributed via the Internet, this information must be accessible on the same Internet page from which the product is available for download. Any information in the document that is extracted from the SC Code Systems must always be associated with the corresponding SC code.
- Infoway welcomes requests from User for new SC Code Systems content (terms, codes, or associated material such as text descriptions and synonyms) and suggestions about revisions to existing content within the SC Code Systems.
- The names "Canada Health Infoway Inc.", "Canada Health Infoway", "Infoway" may not be used in a way which could be interpreted as an endorsement or a promotion of any product or service without prior written permission of Canada Health Infoway Inc.
- DISCLAIMER: CANADA HEALTH INFOWAY INC. DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS IN THE SC CODE SYSTEMS. THE SC CODE SYSTEMS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. FURTHER, NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION IS MADE CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SEQUENCE, TIMELINESS OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SC CODE SYSTEMS, OR ANY TRANSLATIONS OR DERIVATIVE WORKS OF THE FOREGOING.
This Licence Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada.