Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Provider Name Use constraint in voc.xsd

8 years 1 month ago #1077 by Wendy Huang
This has been captured in InfoRMS (Infoway Request Management System): informs.infoway-inforoute.ca/browse/HL-5344 for those interested in "watching" the issue. (you can add yourself as a watcher)

Best regards,
Wendy Huang

aleung57 wrote: Here is the completed template for this requested change: ic.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/hl7/646-hl7-proposed-change-voc-xsd-xls

There seems to be a problem with the "Link(s) to Forum" column in the spreadsheet: It should allow me to put a URL but instead it forces me to select "Domain"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #966 by Wendy Huang
Thank you Alan for letting me know about this issue. I have rectified this issue in the updated template on the RFC page.

Wendy

8 years 2 months ago #957 by Alan Leung
Here is the completed template for this requested change: ic.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/hl7/646-hl7-proposed-change-voc-xsd-xls

There seems to be a problem with the "Link(s) to Forum" column in the spreadsheet: It should allow me to put a URL but instead it forces me to select "Domain"?

8 years 2 months ago #947 by Alan Leung
Happy New Year too Wendy. Thanks for looking into this. While we can make a change to the voc.xsd that we will use, will this change be seen in voc.xsd files produced by Infoway in future releases?

8 years 2 months ago #946 by Wendy Huang
Hi Alan,

Happy new year. Upon reviewing of this issue, this appears to be an error in the voc.xsd. The list fully enumerated in x_BasicPersonNameUse value set should be supported in the "use" property of the PN.BASIC data type for validation of allowable values in the XSD.

Let me know if I can provide further assistance to proceed forward.

Wendy

8 years 3 months ago #930 by Alan Leung
The XSD files included with the pCS R02.04.03 release constrains the EntityNameUse to 'C' whereas the standard for PN.BASIC (infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/extra/ab/r020403-html/html/datatype.html?PN.BASIC) states:

"The “use” property is mandatory and is constrained to the list of values found in the Terminology Worksheet, x_BasicPersonNameUse value set."

x_BasicPersonNameUse values are:

L legal Known as/conventional/the one you use
P pseudonym or alias A self asserted name that the person is using or has used.
C License or professional name As recorded on a license, record, certificate, etc (only if different from legal name)
OR Official registry The formal name as registered in an official (government) registry, but which name might not be commonly used. Particularly used in countries with a law system based on Napoleonic law.
ASGN assigned A name assigned to a person. Reasons some organization assign alternate names may include not knowing the person's name, or to maintain anonymity. Some, but not neceessarily all, of the name types that people call "alias" may fit into this category.

At this time, the R02.04.03 voc.xsd will flag //healthCarePrincipalPerson/name/@use value of 'L' as erroneous. Why the discrepancy between the standard and the XSDs?

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.