Share this page:

file GraphQL | Looking for General Guidance and/or Tools

3 years 11 months ago #5934 by Michael Savage
Sorry for the delayed response, just wanted to say thanks very much for the resources posted in this thread!! Really appreciate it.

-Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #5921 by Sanjaai Udukumbura
I have done some research on GraphQL with fhir and used github.com/Asymmetrik/graphql-fhir server in my research. It's a NODEJS server in-front of a typical fhir server interpreting the GraphQL requests and appropriately doing the translations back and forth.
I have not used it in prod yet, however I have not found any major issues with it and its pretty fast in its processing.

3 years 11 months ago #5918 by Lloyd Mckenzie
First, have you read the GraphQL page in the FHIR spec? hl7.org/fhir/graphql.html
Second, there's a chat.fhir.org stream dedicated to GraphQL here: chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/192326-graphql

I know Grahame has a full implementation, but I believe HAPI now has it too - or is working on it. Not sure where Firely is at with support in the .NET reference implementation.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #5916 by Michael Savage
Hi all!

I'm sure most of you never thought you'd see the day where I post something other than agendas or meeting minutes, but (cue epic music) that day has arrived. Is anyone out here familiar with GraphQL, and in particular its capacity for retrieving discrete FHIR data elements (rather than complete FHIR profiles) via API interactions with a FHIR server/ FHIR access layer? Looking for tools / libraries / guidance material (even informal) that would be helpful for someone who hasn't worked with GraphQL before. Anything at all will help!

Thank you,

-Mike
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Michael Savage. Reason: Removed strikethroughs

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.