Share this page:

file FHIR Implementers' Community Call - April 22, 12-1 EST

4 years 1 week ago #5870 by Finnie Flores
Thanks Ken. That is consistent to what I have previously received when I inquired and was shared last week during Ross' presentation. Hoping something else changed after Lorraine's conversation.

Finnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago #5869 by Ken Sinn

fflores wrote: Thanks for the notes, Michael.

WRT "Lorraine spoke to TSC and CTO to ensure FHIR publication templates comply with accessibility legislation in the US and Canada." I'm curious as to what the outcome of the conversation is.

Thanks
Finnie

Hi Finnie,

From my notes, TSC noted that accessibility compliance has been on the list of things to tackle and hasn't been urgent so far, but recognizing that it will become more important and urgent going forward.

- Ken

4 years 1 week ago #5868 by Finnie Flores
Thanks for the notes, Michael.

WRT "Lorraine spoke to TSC and CTO to ensure FHIR publication templates comply with accessibility legislation in the US and Canada." I'm curious as to what the outcome of the conversation is.

Thanks
Finnie

4 years 1 week ago #5865 by Michael Savage
Attendees

Michael Savage
Ron Parker
Guy Bujold
Ken Sinn
Yaron Derman
Gavin Tong
Igor Sirkovich
Joel Francis
Lorraine Constable
Rita Pyle
Thomas Zhou

Updates

• BC working on the FHIR façade for the provider – location registry (PLR).
o Looked at the ON profiles which are predominantly for read only, the BC use case includes the need to write to the PLR.
o Evaluating which release of FHIR to use, could be R4 w extensions as needed.

• Logica has published a FHIR profile for COVID-19 that is targeted to bed and resource management.
o You can check it out here URL: covid-19-ig.logicahealth.org/

• Has Epic opened up it’s FHIR API in Canada?
o Yes, at the Epic ON conference there were a couple of presentations on using the API to launch App Orchard apps. It was noted that anyone looking into this they should ask both vendors about the cost model, some are by transaction and can get quite costly.
o Does anyone know if Cerner or Meditech have opened their FHIR API in Canada? Unknown, but assuming Cerner is quite focused on the Veterans Affairs implementation in the US.

• Canadian Core Baseline Updates:
o Progressing steadily. The medication, entities and individuals streams have essentially completed their work. The clinical profile stream is the newest and still moving forward. Medication work is in github and looking for feedback.

• HL7 Canada Updates:
o Congrats to James Agnew on being elected to the HL7 Canada Council
o HL7 Canada needs 4 more individual memberships in order to maintain agreements with HL7 International. The price is ~$50 for an individual and gives major discounts on US education, working group meetings, etc. basically pays for itself and gives paying members a vote.
o International ballot is open. If you’re doing FHIR profiling you may be very interested in FHIR shorthand.
o Covid has changed HL7 meetings, no spring WGM. International Affiliates have decided to hold a quarterly meeting.
o Lorraine spoke to TSC and CTO to ensure FHIR publication templates comply with accessibility legislation in the US and Canada.

4 years 1 week ago #5852 by Michael Savage
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please refer to the current repeat of this meeting in the calendar; for some reason the old meeting ID is no longer valid so I've created new repeats / credentials that you'll need in order to join.

Hi all!

Here's the draft agenda for the Community-wide call tomorrow, Wednesday April 22nd from 12-1pm EST.

Draft Agenda:

1. Agenda & Action Items Review
a. Action Item Progress

2. Updates:
a. Open Call for Updates / Newsworthy FHIR Implementer Items

3. Updates From Leads
a. eReferral
b. Canadian FHIR Baseline Profiles
c. HL7 Canada Council / HL7 Int’l

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.