Share this page:

file Canadian FHIR Baseline Profiles - Governance Stream Meeting - August 2nd, 2-3pm EST

4 years 8 months ago #5196 by Fariba Behzadi
Hi Michael,
The link to the slide doesn't open, can you please send me the presentation?
Thanks,
Fariba

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #5192 by Michael Savage
Attendees

- Michael Savage
- Sheridan Cook
- Scott Prior
- Radhika Verma
- Alex Goel
- Derick Ritz
- Francis Lau
- Harsh Sharma
- Randy Nonay
- Smita Kachroo
- Thomas Zhou
- Craig Anderson

4 years 8 months ago #5191 by Michael Savage
Attendees
• (to be posted in follow-up post in this thread)

Walkthrough of draft Terms of Reference
• Michael walked attendees through the current draft of Terms of Reference for the current stage of the Canadian Core Profile work
• Current draft can be viewed / commented on here (Slide 13): docs.google.com/presentation/d/1w98EOZh1ZDfyJfF6V6Jav7xyIXQ25NgyJQNZjTGTsuQ/edit#slide=id.g5e18659a53_0_0

Community Feedback and Discussion
• Is there any kind of ‘must-have’ input from stakeholders? (jurisdictions, stakeholders, clinicians)
• If possible, great to have these covered earlier in the process rather than later
• Any lessons learned on this?
• In US, the Meaningful Use criteria is a strong sign-off step / stage-gate
• In Canada, could be looking for jurisdictional sign-off
• Should be looking at both jurisdictional and national bodies for support
• ACCESS Health – should be looking to this project for support for the Canadian Core profile work
• When the ToR cites the ‘Canadian Context’ as a guiding principle, what is this concept intended to cover? There are terminology considerations but also clinical guidelines as well
• A companion question is, then, can we define what constitutes a necessary divergence from the US Core to support the Canadian Context?
• Should we add relevant clinical guidelines to the broad use case statements attached to each core profile draft?

4 years 9 months ago #5183 by Michael Savage
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, was having issues accessing InfoCentral today.

I've put together a brief (and draft) Terms of Reference slide in the existing Project Plan deck. Please refer to Slide 13:
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1w98EOZh1ZDfyJfF6V6Jav7xyIXQ25NgyJQNZjTGTsuQ/edit?usp=sharing

My attempt here has been to summarize our discussions and decisions around how we will continue to work through the reviews of the profile drafts, and around what the purpose and intended outcomes of our group discussions on these proposed changes are.

Feel free to provide comments & feedback in advance of Friday's meeting. I would avoid doing so via InfoCentral just because individual posts can get lost among the other threads; emailing me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or commenting in the deck itself are good methods.

We'll walk through this draft plan on Friday, but just wanted to get it out to the Community asap in case anyone would like to review it in advance.

-Mike

4 years 9 months ago #5178 by Michael Savage
Hi all,

For the Governance Stream Meeting scheduled for Friday August 2nd, 2-3pm EST, the plan is to review the governance approach / terms of reference for profile reviews and the discussion of proposed changes on calls. I will re-post in this thread on Monday to ensure it is has visibility, and will also aim to provide a draft document to the effect of a ToR at that time, so that interested attendees can review in advance of the Friday meeting.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Mike Savage

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.