Share this page:

file Question: GET /referralRequest vs. GET /Appointment

7 years 4 months ago #1909 by Tim Berezny
That's really helpful, thanks. We will go with the GET /appointment!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #1908 by Lloyd Mckenzie
I would do a GET on /appointment looking for appointments that are based on the referral. When STU 3 gets published, there should be an element on Appointment that would let you point to the "order" that drove the creation of the appointment. For now, you may need to add an extension.

The alternative would be to use Task, where you'd create a Task seeking fulfillment of the referral and then update the Task to list the appointment as one of the outputs of the Task.

7 years 4 months ago #1907 by Tim Berezny
Hello,

We are developing an eReferral API using FHIR. We are doing it with a POST and GET /referralRequest API, a well as a GET /Appointment API which works as follows:
- The user POSTs to /referralRequest with basic demographic data. After that, an appointment time (and service) is selected.
- The application that made the POST /referralRequest wants the information on the appointment time and service that was selected.
- The POSTer makes a GET request to us to find out what appointment time and service was assigned.

My question is, what is the best way to provide that service/appointment time info back to the POSTer? The two options i'm currently considering are:
1) the user makes a call to GET referralRequest, and I add in the /appointment resource in the supportingInformation section of referralRequest
2) the user makes a call to GET /appointment

Any thoughts on best practices around which approach (or another approach) is best?

Thanks
-Tim

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.