Share this page:

file SNOMED International Social Care Project Starts

1 year 10 months ago #7894 by Kelly Davison
Folks, a message from Jane Millar at SNOMED International:

"Following the survey last year of member countries with regard to the use of SNOMED CT for Social Care in Member Countries, we are now starting a project to collate global requirements to enable a gap analysis of the SNOMED CT International Release.
Members identified 3 priority areas:
1. Services for older people including home care/support, long-term care, and palliative care;
2. Services for people with mental health problems
3. Services for people with alcohol and substance misuse problems
These three areas will be included in the project, but we are starting first with Services for Older People in order to work through the best way of approaching the work. The work plan requires the work to be done this year.
I have reached out to Members who indicated in the survey last year that work was underway in their countries to start to increase SNOMED CT use for Social Care. We hope these countries will participate in the project by putting forward Subject Matter Experts who can contribute to requirements gathering – at this time we are talking to Denmark, Norway, Spain, and the UK, along with the Gravity project in the US.
If things have changed since the survey and you are planning to work on using SNOMED CT for Social Care, let us know and hopefully, you would be able to participate in this work.
I am acting as project coordinator and you can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Jane Millar"

If you wish participate, please contact standards@infoway-inforoute.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.