Share this page:

file New Root OID EMR POS Vendor - Input Health

5 years 4 weeks ago #4835 by Cindy Jiang
Hi All,

I'm in agreement too that vendor OIDs should be assigned a Type 4. If we were to proceed with this approach the original request from Input Health might need to be updated to provide more specifics of the identifier that this OID will qualify.

Cindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 weeks ago #4834 by Harsh Sharma
Hi Joel,
I agree with Randy and Thomas suggestion.

Regards,
Harsh

5 years 4 weeks ago #4833 by Harsh Sharma
Hi Randy,
I agree with you. .

5 years 4 weeks ago #4832 by Joel Francis
I am in agreement. Can we have other jurisdictions weight in on this?

Randy and Thomas from Alberta have requested that all Vendor OIDs be assigned a Type 4 hence forth. This is to prevent any vendor from creating OIDs without input form the jurisdiction

We need a collective agreement

5 years 4 weeks ago #4831 by Thomas Zhou
I second Randy comments.
Besides, I would like to share my understanding of the governance body responsibility of a type 3 OID.
1. Setup a meaningful and sustainable rule set to manage and maintain the OID registry with compliance of OID rule.
2. Create OID for business needs with well documentation work.
3. Continue monitoring the usage of existing OID and doing environment scan, and be preparing to handle any occurring issues such as OID with duplication definition within same jurisdiction and business scope.
4. Take care of extension value set or ensure a third party to maintain the value set properly and sustainably.
5. For each development project, the vendor government should inform and collaborate with jurisdiction team to ensure right and meaningful OID to be adopted/created with a well-written document

Thomas

5 years 4 weeks ago #4829 by Randy Nonay
Again, I would suggest that this be a type 4 OID instead of type 3.

I believe there is risk that these are being given out as type 3, leaving the vendors (whom are frequently inexperienced in the use of OIDs) being thrust into the role of governing their OIDs, and working with this group to both ensure no duplicates, and that jurisdictional OIDs are created/owned by the relevant jurisdiction.

Randy

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.