Share this page:

map-pin eReferral Spec Development work stream

  • Posts: 4
7 months 1 week ago #8589 by YARON DERMAN
Draft July 18, 2023 Meeting Notes

- Attendees:
1. Tim Berezny
2. Caryn Harris
3. Russ Buchanan
4. Radhika Verma
5. Sam Forouzi
6. Paula Lee
7. Yaron Derman
8. Imanma T Egeonu
9. Nick Botham
10. Ion Moraru
11. Ted Jin
12. Yongjian Yang
13. Mark Fernandes
14. Jon Fishbein
15. Juan Ospina
16. Erez Shenkerman
17. Finnie Flores
18. Joanie Harper
19. Matt Wellhauser
20. Sandra Getschel
21. Lorraine Constable
22. Thomas Zhou
23. Mike Fassakhov



- Tim provided an update on the forwarding and chaining work

eReferral updates to the upstream POS from the RMS Source
○ Russ presented context in his slidedeck
○ Two options
§ Echo the same message event sent by RMS Target to RMS Source to the upstream POS
§ Use 'notify-update-service-request' for all updates after the initial 'notify-add-service-request'
○ The 'notify-update-service-request' pattern is a parallel to the eReferral Repository
○ Additional scope for future discussion is which message events should the POS use to update the referral from within the POS to the RMS Source
○ Same upstream messages can be used for both eReferral and eConsult
○ DECISION: Use 'notify-update-service-request' for all updates after the initial 'notify-add-service-request'
○ NOTE: the 'notify-update-service-request has a different intent between RMS Source and RMS Target
- There are some ambiguities in v0.11.1 with respect to decisions made
- OH to look at how to allocate resources that can keep the iGuide up-to-date with the discussions ---> Sam, Ion and Russ to discuss with Sue

Use of FHIR To ServiceRequest.identifier Between POS and RMS Source
- iGuide doesn't cover how the POS should convey its internal referral identifier with the RMS Source so that it can be provided back as part of any upstream message events (so that they can be associated back to the POS referral instance)
- Use of fhirContext and combining the iss URL of the initial SMART launch along with the reference ServiceRequest/123 to create a globally unique identifier value
- System is set to urn:ietf:rfc:3986 to declare that the value is a URL that is globally unique
- Reason that the POS isn't sending the actual URL is because this is how fhirContext can be used without requiring custom parameters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4
7 months 1 week ago #8588 by YARON DERMAN
Good Morning,

If there is time on today's agenda, can we discuss how to use the message events in the v0.11.1 iGuide to send updates to a POS upstream of the RMS Source (and how they message back)?

We have interest from POS systems that want their users to be able to receive referral status updates and communications within the EMR rather than requiring their users to log into the RMS Source to manage them.

Sincerely
Yaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 82
9 months 3 weeks ago #8482 by Tim Berezny
Meeting Minutes - eReferral Working Grouo:
May 25, 2023, 11:00am
=================
Agenda:
1. Progress on publishing update

2. Conformance Testing & Validation Project update
- Ion - Standardize validation around SmileCDR
- Gap- Missing artifacts to generate reports based on validation conformance testing. Standards team is still deciding what’s the best tooling approach for this. Don’t known when a decision is going to be made.
- 2 options contemplating - AEGIS, or SmileCDR instance dedicated to conformance testing
- Goal is to provide something that vendors can use

3. Federate directory (10min)
- Have a dedicated session Russ B to schedule.
- Include Ion, Russ, Jon, Radhinka, Alex from OH , Tony Mitchell
-How to state authority on some fields - this is an important use case to think through. Some data is more commercial in data than regulatory in nature. How to say this is a “partial” master

4. Review issues

5. Branching and forwarding
1. Have a meeting - Russ B to schedule
2. Share collaborative document

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 82
9 months 3 weeks ago #8481 by Tim Berezny
Meeting Minutes - eReferral Working Grouo:
May 25, 2023, 11:00am
=================
Agenda:
1. Progress on publishing update

2. Conformance Testing & Validation Project update
- Ion - Standardize validation around SmileCDR
- Gap- Missing artifacts to generate reports based on validation conformance testing. Standards team is still deciding what’s the best tooling approach for this. Don’t known when a decision is going to be made.
- 2 options contemplating - AEGIS, or SmileCDR instance dedicated to conformance testing
- Goal is to provide something that vendors can use

3. Federate directory (10min)
- Have a dedicated session Russ B to schedule.
- Include Ion, Russ, Jon, Radhinka, Alex from OH , Tony Mitchell
-How to state authority on some fields - this is an important use case to think through. Some data is more commercial in data than regulatory in nature. How to say this is a “partial” master

4. Review issues

5. Branching and forwarding
1. Have a meeting - Russ B to schedule
2. Share collaborative document

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 82
9 months 3 weeks ago #8480 by Tim Berezny
Meeting Minutes - eReferral Working Grouo:
May 25, 2023, 11:00am
=================
Agenda:
1. Progress on publishing update

2. Conformance Testing & Validation Project update
- Ion - Standardize validation around SmileCDR
- Gap- Missing artifacts to generate reports based on validation conformance testing. Standards team is still deciding what’s the best tooling approach for this. Don’t known when a decision is going to be made.
- 2 options contemplating - AEGIS, or SmileCDR instance dedicated to conformance testing
- Goal is to provide something that vendors can use

3. Federate directory (10min)
- Have a dedicated session Russ B to schedule.
- Include Ion, Russ, Jon, Radhinka, Alex from OH , Tony Mitchell
-How to state authority on some fields - this is an important use case to think through. Some data is more commercial in data than regulatory in nature. How to say this is a “partial” master

4. Review issues

5. Branching and forwarding
1. Have a meeting - Russ B to schedule
2. Share collaborative document

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 82
9 months 3 weeks ago #8479 by Tim Berezny
Meeting Minutes - eReferral Working Grouo:
May 25, 2023, 11:00am
=================
Agenda:
1. Progress on publishing update

2. Conformance Testing & Validation Project update
- Ion - Standardize validation around SmileCDR
- Gap- Missing artifacts to generate reports based on validation conformance testing. Standards team is still deciding what’s the best tooling approach for this. Don’t known when a decision is going to be made.
- 2 options contemplating - AEGIS, or SmileCDR instance dedicated to conformance testing
- Goal is to provide something that vendors can use

3. Federate directory (10min)
- Have a dedicated session Russ B to schedule.
- Include Ion, Russ, Jon, Radhinka, Alex from OH , Tony Mitchell
-How to state authority on some fields - this is an important use case to think through. Some data is more commercial in data than regulatory in nature. How to say this is a “partial” master

4. Review issues

5. Branching and forwarding
1. Have a meeting - Russ B to schedule
2. Share collaborative document

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.