Share this page:

file International Patient Summary Presentation

5 years 1 month ago #4783 by Don Newsham
Great comments Michael. A few additional points:
- Ron, it would be great also to post the IPS presentation on the ISO forum, for all our ISO colleagues for their viewing and interest.
- I quite agree that the challenge of interoperability for any and all cross border / cross jurisdiction information sharing requires the adoption of a SET of standards with the JIC Patient Summary Standards Set (PSSS) able to provide great guidance, as a specific interoperability use case.
- With the new work underway at HL7 and CEN on the IPS there is a great linkage between the JIC PSSS work and these new data standards and related implementation guides.
- Enabling use of these standards and the applicable standards from the Patient Summary Standards Set across multiple jurisdictions (and boundaries) would demonstrate very beneficial interoperable data sharing, that all could learn from and further apply to other domains and use cases.

Moving forward in earnest... - quite agree.
Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #4781 by Michael Nusbaum
Last week there was a webinar hosted by HL7 Canada on this topic. Slides were circulated in the HL7 and IHE InfoCentral communities. I thought that my comments would be of interest here as well:

X-Post from HL7 Canada Community:

Thanks for posting this, Ron. I was not able to attend the webinar, but found the slides very relevant to a growing need to find ways to support interoperability on a global scale. In fact, I would like to see Canada make an overt effort to embrace the IPS, and build it into our domestic infostructure. Perhaps we should test the waters within InfoCentral, to see if there is grass-roots support. Clearly, HL7 Canada can lead this charge, but I do think there will be a similar interest within the ISO/TC215 and IHE communities. I can tell you that the JIC is very supportive of this xSDO initiative (HL7, CEN, SNOMED to date), and I would propose that broader acceptance (a goal of Trillium Bridge II) is something that we can work to progress.

I would welcome comments in support of (or against) moving this forward in earnest in Canada... and beyond!

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.