Share this page:

file Highlights from ISO/TC215 April 2017 Hangzhou Meeting

6 years 11 months ago #2544 by Don Newsham
Having just returned from an excellent ISO/TC215 meeting where key standards were on the agenda, I thought I'd share some of the highlight headlines from the meeting. These include:
- an updated framework for semantic content standards of TC215 (Working Group 3)
- the Patient Summary Standards Set, (connect further with Elizabeth Keller on this mostly Canadian led work and associated JIC items)
- an Aging Communities health informatics standards work,
- the reference standards portfolio for Clinical Imaging (connect with Mike Nusbaum for more information)
- healthcare applications of blockchain,
- a new “omics” work item (transcriptome info) and an associated soon-to-come “omics standards” framework,
- our Canadian led (Kelly Abrams and Bev Knight) standard on workforce roles in terminology and terminology services,
- our Canadian work (Grant Gillis) on the framework of event data and reporting definitions for the safety of health software, and
- new work on clinical decision support systems to be used in medication related processes (connect with Mary Raphael for more information)

Those interested in joining the official TC215 Standards Mirror Committee, and receiving the regular meeting reports, along with voting and ballot privileges and potential delegate roles, please contact myself, Elizabeth Keller or Sari Schapira of Infoway with your membership interest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.