Infoway is proud to support HL7 International, to be the home of HL7 Canada, and to host the elections for the HL7 Canada Council. Eligible candidates may be nominated or may choose to self-nominate by completing the HL7 Canada Council Voting Member Nomination Form and posting it to the HL7 Community nomination forum thread by January 20, 2023.
The HL7 Canada Council is one of the official “stewards” for interoperability in Canada and we aim to help identify what is important in Canada and share that back to the community. Members of the HL7 Canada Council represent public and private sector interests in shaping the future of HL7 standards use in Canada.
We are seeking nominations for the following positions: Public Sector Member-at-large and Private Sector Member-at-large, for terms of 2 years.
Responsibilities of Council members include the following:
- Attend monthly meetings of the HL7 Canada Council, and ad hoc meetings as needed;
- Attend monthly meetings of the HL7 Canada Community;
- Vote on HL7 International ballots,
- Represent the interests of Canadian organizations and implementers, both public and private, to the HL7 Canada Community and to HL7 International;
- Update the HL7 Canada Community on Canadian and global issues that impact interoperability in Canada
Read full details on the expectations for these roles, how to complete the nomination process and more.
- Nominations: January 6-20, 2023
- Preparation for ballot: January 23-26, 2023
- Voting: January 22 - February 10, 2023
- HL7 Canada Council Election Results: February 14, 2023