Infoway is proud to support HL7 International, to be the home of HL7 Canada, and to host the election for two HL7 Canada Council member-at-large positions.
We are looking for knowledgeable, talented leaders that want to be involved in continuing to shape and promote the use of HL7 and related work in Canada. The HL7 Canada Council is one of the official “stewards” for interoperability in Canada and we aim to help identify what is important in Canada and share that back to the community. Members of the HL7 Canada Council represent public and private sector interests in shaping the future of HL7 standards use in Canada.
We are seeking nominations for one private sector member-at-large position and one public sector member-at-large position to be filled to represent. the HL7 Canada Community for the term of two years.
The election process is open to all HL7 Canada members and starts with the nomination period January 6-20, 2023 on the HL7 Community Forum.
Responsibilities of Council members include the following:
- Attend monthly meetings of the HL7 Canada Council, and ad hoc meetings as needed;
- Attend monthly meetings of the HL7 Canada Community;
- Vote on HL7 International ballots,
- Represent the interests of Canadian organizations and implementers, both public and private, to the HL7 Canada Community and to HL7 International;
- Update the HL7 Canada Community on Canadian and global issues that impact interoperability in Canada
Eligible candidates may be nominated or may choose to self-nominate by completing the HL7 Canada Council Voting Member Nomination Form and posting it to the HL7 Community nomination forum thread between January 6 to 20, 2023.
Read full details on the expectations for these roles, how to complete the nomination process and more.
- Nominations: January 6-20, 2023
- Preparation for ballot: January 23-26, 2023
- Voting: January 22 - February 10, 2023
- HL7 Canada Council Election Results: February 14, 2023