Share this page:

file HL7 May WGM: Do you have any PS-CA / IPS topics for us to address there?

3 months 2 weeks ago #9375 by Allana Cameron
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your note. Our team connected with the EPIC team at the HL7 Connectathon this past weekend to learn more about their plans for implementing the IPS. And, Meditech also shared their high-level plans. Exciting times for the Patient summary initiative!
Allana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #9374 by Allana Cameron
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your note. Our team connected with the EPIC team at the HL7 Connectathon this past weekend to learn more about their plans for implementing the IPS. And, Meditech also shared their high-level plans. Exciting times for the Patient summary initiative!
Allana

3 months 3 weeks ago #9369 by Michael Nusbaum
Good morning, Allana. Thanks for reaching out to the PSWG for input. I have one.

As you know, Epic has very quietly announced that they will be building in support for the IPS into their product line for availability in the summer of 2025. I also understand that they will be in attendance at the upcoming HL7 WGM, in the IPS track. I would ask that this presents an excellent opportunity learn HOW they plan on implementing IPS, and how closely this will align with our Canadian PS-CA standards and reference architecture. Understanding these gaps will certainly assist jurisdictions (who might also be Epic clients) in balancing their needs and shaping their PS-CA implementations. It's also likely that, given Epic's commitment, that we'll shortly see other large EHR vendors (Oracle, Meditech, etc.) making similar announcements.

I'm assuming you'll be attending the WGM, Allana. Happy to help with further briefing, as required.

3 months 3 weeks ago #9366 by Allana Cameron
Hello PSWG,

If you are part of the HL7 Canada Community on InfoCentral, you may have seen a post from Ron Parker, the HL7 Canada Chair, regarding the upcoming HL7 Working Group Meetings occurring from May 20-24th, following a 2 day Connectathon.

For those who may not have seen this post or are not part of that community on InfoCentral, there will be a track focused on the IPS during these HL7 working group meetings. If you have any specific questions, issues, or suggestions related to the PS-CA and IPS that you would like us to raise, please share your questions here and we will endeavor to get some answers for you. We will report our learnings from these meetings at the next PSWG meeting.

If you have other HL7, FHIR questions, issues or concerns, here's a link to Ron's post where you can leave your comments.

Thanks and have a wonderful long weekend!
Allana

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.