Share this page:

file HL7 Canada Council - Designated Voters - May Ballot Open - Link Votes

1 year 1 month ago #8415 by Ron Parker
Hello Canada Council members.

This note is expressly for our 5 HL7 Canada designated voters.

Most of you know what I am about to describe but I feel it is good to allow observers see how this process works.

The May 2023 HL7 Ballot is now open. At your earliest convenience, please login to the HL7 Jira website, go to your Balloting Dashboard, and you should see "In Progress" status for the 8 Jira items in the May ballot. Until we have collected feedback from the community I have voted "Abstain".

Please click the 3 dots ( ... ) to the right of each May ballot item, this gives a drop down list with "Link Vote". Select that option and link your vote to my name in Jira. This allows HL7 Canada to vote as a block of 5 voters.

I will be distributing the May 2023 HL7 Ballot to the HL7 Canada forum as a downloadable package on Monday, Apr 3rd.

Before the close of the balloting period, we will merge any community comments and the Council will meet to disposition each ballot item. For those ballots where we choose to vote Negative, or Affirmative, the batch comment submission process will post our comments in Jira, and where you have Linked your votes to me, your votes will on those items will automatically flip to whatever the Council has decided.

Just a reminder that there are 5 proposed withdrawals of past standards. This process of withdrawing or reaffirming past standards is required by ANSI for every accredited standard after a certain amount of time has has passed after it's has been declared by ANSI. These items are NOTE voted on in JIRA, but in the the HL7 Ballot Desktop. Our choice will be based on any comments received from the HL7 Canada Community.

Thanks... Ron G. Parker, HL7 Canada Chair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.