Share this page:

file Rebook Dec 20th HL7 Canada Council Call?

5 years 4 months ago #4558 by Cindy Jiang
Hi Ron,

If you have a chance to connect with people from the US EHR vendor community at the HL7 WG meeting in January, can you try to find some information about their plan to support FHIR in their products, such as
• How will they change their approach for receiving data (i.e. data in) and exposing data (i.e. data out)? Will they move away from CDA to support native FHIR documents for both data in and data out?
• How do they plan to deal with historical clinical documents persisted in CDA? E.g. do they plan to convert CDA to native FHIR documents?
• Any implementation examples people can share?

We have looked at the IHE MHD profile and the C-CDA on FHIR iGuide, and wonder what directions the vendors might have decided to take for their products…

Thanks Ron! Happy holidays everyone and talk to you in the new year!

Cindy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #4556 by Ron Parker
Thanks for responding Cindy.

I don't have any prepared agenda items for tomorrow's call, and seeing there are no other responses to the forum posting I will cancel the call and will reschedule the January call for just after the Jan WGM meeting. Look for a another posting on this forum.

Have a great holiday and a Happy New Year everyone. Ron P.

5 years 4 months ago #4553 by Cindy Jiang
I will be working till Dec 21st and be on vacation in the first week of January, so I won't be available for the call if it is rescheduled to Jan 3rd. However of most of the council members will be available on Jan 3rd instead of Dec 20th, you guys can go ahead without me. I'm fine for the January meeting to be moved to Jan 31st.

Thanks!

Cindy

5 years 4 months ago #4549 by Ron Parker
Hello HL7 Canada Council members.

Given we are entering the final days before the Holiday break, I am wondering if the group would like to defer this week's Council meeting on Dec 20th?

We could reconvene on the first Thursday of January (before the HL7 WGM meeting) and then pick up again later in January. Our regularly scheduled meeting in is the 17th, however I will be at the HL7 Working Group Meeting that week. I propose for that date, we shift our meeting to Jan 31st, where I can provide a report on the WGM.

Your thoughts?? Ron P.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.