Share this page:

file Looking for a FHIR conformity server - is there such a thing?

2 years 9 months ago #7011 by Lloyd Mckenzie
FHIR actually defines what the content looks like in JSON, XML or TTL (in order of common usage). It sounds like what you're looking for is a 'validator'. A validator will check that your instance meets all the various rules of the FHIR specification as well as any profiles it declares conformance with (or that you assert it needs to be conformant with). The validator will check for valid structure (correct names, nesting, cardinality, etc.) as well as invariants and terminology constraints.

Java publishes an open-source validator that is generally the most comprehensive, though there's also a .NET one that's pretty good and a JavaScript one that's getting better.

Documentation is here: confluence.hl7.org/display/FHIR/Using+the+FHIR+Validator
If you want to try a web-based version, it's here: fhirvalidator.org/

Note that, unless you specify parameters dictating otherwise, the validator will check terminology using HL7's terminology server and that's been having hiccups the last few days, though it seems better today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #7010 by Anibal Jodorcovsky
Hi all,

I'm new to FHIR so I may not even be asking the right question.

From what I understand, FHIR will stipulate the format of the JSON payload to be able to communicate between clients and servers providing services. Somebody mentioned to me that there's such a thing as a Conformity Server that can be used to verify if the JSON messages created are proper for a given FHIR Resource specification.

Is there such a server somewhere available for public use? If not, is there one for private use, i.e., paying or deploying it internally?

If the answer is not to both questions, do you know if there are plans to develop such a thing?

Thank you,

-Anibal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.