Share this page:

file Request for URI description update in the URI Registry

2 years 10 months ago #6975 by Fang Cao
The confusion comes from the name which is "Ontario Independent Health Facilities" from HL7 OID registry for this OID. If this OID represents the MOH's master numerbing system, what is the difference between it and 2.16.840.1.113883.3.59.3 which represents the hospital identifier assigned by MOH, which as per my understanding, is the four digit code also from the MNS?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #6972 by Igor Sirkovich
I'm not sure if the proposed description is right. It's possible that the mapped OID is rather incorrect, in which case it should be removed from this URI and potentially, a new URI should be assigned to match this OID.

The "...ca-on-health-care-facility-id" URI was assigned for the Ontario Master Numbering System, which "was developed for the purpose of bringing together all Health Facilities and Programs under one system of identification. The list is a composite of health and health related units, facilities, clinics, programs and services. Each such organisation has been assigned a unique four digit identifying code."

2 years 10 months ago #6969 by Joanie Harper
Hi Fang,

An invitation was sent to "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." to start working on Canadian URI Registry project as an "Admin".
You should see it in your email.

I will update the information on the Jurisdictional Reps document shortly.

Best Regards,
Joanie

2 years 10 months ago #6968 by Joel Francis
Thank you Fang. Joanie from the standards team will work with you to make the changes to the jurisdictional rep information and also grant access to the Canadian URI Registry in order to make the changes.

2 years 10 months ago #6967 by Joel Francis
Thank you Fang. Joanie from the standards team will work with you to make the changes to the jurisdictional rep information and also grant access to the Canadian URI Registry in order to make the changes.

2 years 10 months ago #6966 by Fang Cao
Thanks Francis. Since eHealth Ontario (now Ontario Health) is a jurisdictional rep, we are making this update request on behalf of Ontario Health. We current do not have admin access on Simplifier URI registry to make this change. Please use the email below if we should be added. On that note, could Infoway please change the name and email address for OH (formerly eHealth Ontario)? Please let me know if there are additional steps I need to do.

Please change the rep from "eHealth Ontario" to "Ontario Health".
Please change the email address from "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." to "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."

Subject: Update description for existing Ontario Independent Healthcare Facility OID and URI
OID: 2.16.840.1.113883.3.59.4
FHIR URI: fhir.infoway-inforoute.ca/NamingSystem/ca-on-health-care-facility-id
Update description to: "A unique identifier assigned to independent health care facilities (IHF) licensed by the Canada Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care under the Independent Health Facilities Act, RSO 1990."

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.