Share this page:

file Looking for Guidance in HL7 career

3 years 15 hours ago #6800 by RAO GOHAR
Hi Mckenzie

Thank you so much for your response. I will definitely look into devdays videos and thanks for sharing the information.

Best
RAO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 15 hours ago #6799 by RAO GOHAR
Hi Gavin

Thank you so much for your reply. I have sent you my details.

RAO

3 years 2 days ago #6795 by Gavin Tong
Hi,

I'll echo Lloyd's comments and also offer that I'd be happy to have a call to share insights. If you want to connect please call 647-242-9822 or you can email me. Not certain if email addresses are scrubbed on the forum - you can use gtongATgevityinc.com and replace the AT w @

Thanks,

Gavin

3 years 2 days ago #6793 by Lloyd Mckenzie
One of the best ways to build skills and visibility is to get involved in the standards community. All of the HL7 work group calls are open to anyone who wants to show up - and very few work groups will turn away someone who volunteers to help applying changes to the specification or doing other work. There are also conference calls here in Canada you can participate in and perhaps volunteer time to support. There's a whole lot of educational material out there that's free - Google "FHIR Dev Days videos" as a great starting point. Also, take advantage of the public test servers out there and play around with them to build your skills and understanding.

The healthcare standards space is a fun and exciting place to be. The people it attracts tend to be good people and there's lots of interesting problems to work on. It's also an area that's going to drive new work for a long time to come.

3 years 2 days ago #6792 by RAO GOHAR
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if it is the right forum to ask this question but I thought it is worth trying.

I am student of Health Informatics in Vancouver and interested in pursuing my career in HL7 as a consultants/implementation engineer or any other junior starting position. Although my past experience is in sales but I am looking for career transition. I am looking to connect people who are already in the HL7 field and can guide me how to proceed further step by step. For instance, as a building block I am thinking to complete the HL7

Fundamental Course www.hl7.org/training/HL7-fundamentals.cfm?ref=nav

Being an Engineering graduate, I also have studied R & Python so I have an understanding of coding & different technology platforms.

If someone can help me, I would be highly obliged.

Thanks
RAO

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.