Share this page:

file Canadian FHIR Baseline Profiles - Due Diligence Review - IPS – March 26th, 2-3pm EST

3 years 1 month ago #6739 by Michael Savage
Attendees:

Michael Savage
Sheridan Cook
Ken Sinn
Shamil Nizamov
Joan Harper
Randy Nonay
Alex Goel
Allana Cameron
Angela Narad
Fariba Behzadi
Harsh Sharma
Mairead Fitzsimmons
Joel Francis
Rita Pyle
Thomas Zhou
Dan Simic

(apologies if I missed your name here – my screenshot of the full list got cut off and I believe I’m missing 1 person!)

Procedure

• .code
o Value set binding: worth aligning to preferred set defined in IPS?
o Not an issue

• .code
o Plan to socialize additional slice which is defined in IPS, code where absent or code is unknwn

• .performed
o CA Baseline limits data type to either dateTime or Period, IPS allows for wider range of types
o Flagging to expand CAB’s support of DTs to include the full list of DTs to align with IPS
o IPS defines a slice within .performed which is to cover data-absent-reason; consideration to add this in the CAB?
o Will put the above on the backburner for now

Medication

• .code
o Consideration to add in slicing to .code for CAB; will look to previous Med profiles to see which slice themes (DIN etc) might make sense (i.e. what are the Canadian value sets we’d expect to see in the slices here?)
o Consideration to inherit IPS .code slices for ATC Class and SNOMEDCT
o Also DIN, NPN, potentially AHFS for slices as well
o .code.coding.system & .code.coding.code are 1..1 in CAB and 0..1 in IPS
o Likely okay to accept this misalignment in this case; in the CA context it’s fair to expect the system and code to be supported

• Code.text
o To discuss next time / or as separate chat

For next time: Med Statement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #6736 by Michael Savage
Hi all!

For our Friday Profiling Stream Meeting, we will be commencing a Due Diligence Review between the CA Baseline Profiles and the International Patient Summary FHIR Spec. We will be starting with the following IPS Profiles: Procedure, Medication, MedicationStatement.

Thank you!

-Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.