Share this page:

file Feedback required: Heart Failure Content Changes, International Concept Inactivation Reports

2 years 3 months ago #7479 by Linda Parisien
Hi Anibal,
The CA Edition will go through the reconciliation cycle for the planned March and September releases. This will mean that the monthly releases will be dealt all together for each publication date. We will not reconciliate the monthy releases for now,

The stakeholders that will want to view the monthly releases will be able to do so by browsing the SNOMED International Daily Build .

I think that for now option #1 is best, until the next steps are determined. If your implementation requires the use of new concepts that are published in the International monthly release, you can certainly decide to leverage and use them as "pre-adopter", knowing that those changes will also be found in the next Canadian Edition publication.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #7477 by Anibal Jodorcovsky
Understood.

So, for those using the Canadian Edition out there, how are you planning on managing this?

The way I see it, we have a few options:

1. Ignore the changes done by SI until we see them in the Canadian Edition
2. Manually look at the changes done by SI and see if they'll affect Canadian Edition concepts
3. Create a unique edition with the SI monthly updates

I'm inclined to do #1 above, but not sure if this could cause issues. I don't think it'll cause that many issues right now, but eventually, as we all progress towards CA-PS we'll need to be on the same page as to which edition we'll be using.

thoughts?

2 years 3 months ago #7473 by Linda Parisien
Hi Anibal,
Thank you for the question. The Canadian Edition will not be published on a monthly release this year. Discussions are going to determine if more releases will be done eventually and when. Currently we are status quo, which means that we are publishing end of March and end of September 2022.

2 years 3 months ago #7472 by Anibal Jodorcovsky
Hi Linda,

With the introduction of monthly releases by SI, does that mean that we'll get also monthly releases for the Canadian Extension?

If that's the case: will the new releases be made in a way that I can import them into snowstorm?
If that's not the case: how will we manage until the Canadian release is made?

Thanks,

-Anibal

2 years 3 months ago #7471 by Linda Parisien
This is a consultation for the SNOMED CT Community.

Please be advised that SNOMED International is seeking feedback on the planned inactivation of procedures which include intent in the meaning e.g. diagnostic.

Please see: Changes to the Universal Definition and Classification of Heart Failure - Impact on SNOMED CT for details and to provide feedback. Due date is February 21st.

With the move to International Edition monthly releases, there will be a monthly concept inactivation reports which will show the list of concepts that have been inactivated for that month's release. The information will be available via links posted: International Edition Concept Inactivation Reports.

Thank you!

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.