Share this page:

file Semantic Interoperability: Labs (Jim Campbell proposal)

4 years 10 months ago #5089 by Andrea MacLean
Infoway submitted a number of follow up questions to Jim Campbell after his presentation to the Health Terminologies community last week,

A PDF of his responses to our questions has been posted to InfoCentral to further inform any forthcoming decisions from Canadians about support for this proposal. (infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/health-terminologies/pathology-sct/2941-semantic-interoperabilities-loinc-and-snomed-ct-lab)

Please review and let me know if there are any additional questions, comments or concerns.

Jim has agreed to meet on July 11 if required, so please let me know if you would like to be included or not.

If there are no follow questions or comments or expressions of interest to learn more, I will free up this time in Jim's calendar.

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #5049 by Andrea MacLean
Good afternoon everyone.

I would like to thank Jim Campbell for bringing his proposal about "Semantic Interoperation of Laboratory Results: LOINC-on-OWL" to the Health Terminologies community earlier this week.

As stated on the call, Jim has approach Infoway, as the Member Country Representatives to SNOMED International, about lending Canada's support to this International proposal.

As your representatives to SNOMED International, it is important that we are making decisions based on what you tell us is important and has value.

Marc and Francis have posted the presentation materials to the forum (infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/health-terminologies/ht-mtg?layout=default), so please do take a look and let us know if you have any questions or comments on this proposal.

CIHI was kind enough to send through some questions already related to the pCLOCD and they are shared here with their permission:

1) What is the main purpose of mapping? (ie who is the intended audience)
2) What is the scope of the mapping? (i.e. will it include only the lab result/observations in LOINC or all the other codes related to patient characteristics (e.g. weight, height etc.))
3) How will the hierarchies be determined? (will the LOINC codes appear in a single hierarchy, or might they appear in multiple hierarchies?)
4) Where will the mapping be maintained?
5) How frequent will be the maintenance?
6) What will be the impact in the pCLOCD documentation?
7) What is the timeline?

And of course, we have questions as well related to some of the same themes as CIHI:
• Operational processes (updates, release notes, RFCs etc.) and frequency of updates
• Timing with LOINC, pCLOCD, NPU and SCT releases to updates and other operational processes
• Potential maintenance burden for pCLOCD, the Canadian Edition of SNOMED CT, and our implementers?
• License agreement impacts?

I have sent Jim a note to see if we could have a follow up conversation on July 11 at 1100 hrs ET and am awaiting for him to confirm.

If you have any additional questions, comments, recommendations, or would like to be included in this meeting, please do let me know and I will be sure to include you in the meeting invite.

All are welcome.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.