Share this page:

file Vale set for Cities in Canada

5 years 7 months ago #4346 by Lentic Li
Definitely not communities. That would be too much of them.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #4345 by Andrea MacLean
Hi Lentic,

Sorry, I could not be of more help.

You are welcome to post to the HL7 community as well.

I reached out to Joel Francis our FHIR expert and he suggested that you may wish to post to chat.fhir.org, if Igor's recommendation (www.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geography/place-names/canadian-geographical-names-database/19870) isn't what you are looking for.

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

5 years 7 months ago #4344 by Dean Matthews
Keep in mind that you are asking for cities, do you mean to ask for all communities? For example, Newfoundland Labrador has 3 cities but over 1400 communities.

5 years 7 months ago #4343 by Lentic Li
Hi,

Thank you much much for your kindness help! I am looking for a code set of Canadian cities which we could use in our FHIR message.
But I think I post my question to the wrong discussion Forum. So sorry about this, I am new to this info community. Do you think I should post this question under HL7 discussion?

Thanks again,
Lentic

5 years 7 months ago #4342 by Lentic Li
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for you kindness help. I am new to this Info way community. I think I might post my question under a wrong topic.
I am looking for a code set for Canadian city which we could use in the FHIR message.Do you think I should post my question again under HL7 discussion?

But still thanks for you help!

Lentic

5 years 7 months ago #4341 by Igor Sirkovich
Lentic, I believe you are looking for a lookup rather than a value set since city names are not codes.

Take a look at Canadian Geographical Names Database

This database provides an online querying service, data downloads and a comprehensive API.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.