Share this page:

file video with Ontario QR prototypes

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #331 by Karen Hay
Here's the link to the quick video that I displayed on the March 23 PHSC call to demonstrate very early "proof of technology" prototypes of immunization applications using bar codes that Ontario has developed for providers (QR Them) and for the public (QR Me)

vimeo.com/121187344
pw: panorama

Video script synopsis:

Provider immunizes client

Provider opens iPad app (QR Them) to record immunization data
- Secure log-in
- Can be customized based on provider’s organization

Provider scans client’s demographics from QR label in client’s yellow card
- Name, DOB, gender, Address, etc are all captured
- Could be captured by scanning bar code on client’s Health Card or Driver’s Licence instead

Provider scans the bar code on the vaccine vial
- GTIN (lot #, agent, expiry date, manufacturer) captured
- For publicly-funded vaccines distributed by Ontario's central government pharmacy, a custom QR containing provider info (as well as vaccine info) could shipped with vaccine products
- Provider would need to record time of administration, dosage, site, and other immunization info not on the vial QR code

Provider can review and verify the info they have scanned

Provider gives the client an Immunization Receipt (IR)
- IR will be digital (emailed bar code, or interface to app) or printed hard copy, readable by human eyes and by machines

Client can import their Immunization Receipt into their own smartphone app (QR Me or other)
- Client scans the Immunization Receipt QR code in the email (or the mobile app consumes the data)

Client uses their mobile app to send the immunization info to the provincial immunization registry (Panorama in Ontario)

Public health staff logs onto secure provincial immunization portal to review and validate Immunization Receipts that have been submitted.
- Compares to existing records in the provincial immunization registry and determines whether or not to submit or reject the record
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Karen Hay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.