Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file IHE Canada Liaison Election 2020

3 years 10 months ago #5923 by Andrea MacLean
Just a gentle reminder that nomination period for the IHE Canada Liaison position closes on Friday May 15, 2020.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #5914 by Derek Ritz
Hi all -- I've shared my filled-in nomination form, here .
Warmest regards,
Derek

3 years 10 months ago #5900 by Derek Ritz
Dan -- thank you, that's very kind! I will accept your nomination, fill in the form, and post it to the forum. It would be an honour to be afforded the chance to continue acting as the IHE Canada Liaison.

When I ran for this post two years ago I proposed a platform of change. I hope that some of the changes proposed, then, are already becoming evident to our community members. I also hope that there is consensus within the IHE Canada community that the direction we are moving is helpful and will be more and more impactful as we continue to make progress.

At this point -- as an incumbent -- I am running on my record. I admit, with an accompanying apology, that my conduct and leadership over the last two years has demonstrated both my strengths and my shortcomings. I can promise, if I am lucky enough to get a chance to continue serving, that I'll do my best to keep learning, and improving, and "growing into the role".

These difficult times are teaching us all lessons about resilience; and patience; and collaboration; and equity; and the ways that adversity is the mother of invention. I believe that all of us who work in digital health will be afforded opportunities to help take the best of these lessons learned and weave them permanently into the fabric of Canada's healthcare system. That "legacy-making" feels important, to me, and I look forward to being part of it.

Warmest regards, and stay well,
Derek

3 years 10 months ago #5890 by Daniel Berezeanu
I would like to nominate Derek Ritz , his contributions to the IHE international community are of great value and I would love it if he would accept to continue representing our Canadien interests on the IHE board.

Regards,

Dan

3 years 10 months ago #5888 by Andrea MacLean
Dan, thanks for the question and for your interest and support of IHE.

In the past, most folks have been self-nominated, so I would suggest that with this in mind, we structured the form that way. We have a requirement for folks to have acknowledged as part of the nomination form that they have read and accepted the role description as there are some definite requirements and time commitments.

I am thinking that you could certainly nominate that person here as a forum posting and that when they accept your nomination that they should fill in the form and post it.

I hope that this answers your question.

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

3 years 10 months ago #5887 by Daniel Berezeanu
Hi,

I wanted to nominate someone, but it seems to me that the form infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/3297-2020-ihe-canada-liaison-nomination-form/view-document is really intended for self-nomination only.
Is there an other form to complete when we want to nominate someone else ?

Cheers,
Dan

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.