Share this page:

file Display Name Mismatches in Terminology Gateway (TG)

3 weeks 12 hours ago #9468 by Anil Patel
Thank you for your insights.

I understand the importance of maintaining consistency with V3 value sets, especially given their different conventions compared to FHIR. Supporting existing V3 production systems is indeed important, and I will take this into account as we proceed.

We will ensure that any updates to value sets are considered and will be published in the Terminology Gateway and Terminology Server. Your feedback is invaluable as we navigate these mappings and choose appropriate value set bindings for FHIR while supporting our current V3 systems.

I understand your concerns about the differences between V3 and FHIR display names, especially given their different conventions and the necessity of supporting existing V3 production systems.

Value sets though will continue to be updated as required and published in the Terminology Gateway (infoscribe.infoway-inforoute.ca/display/HL7/HL7+v3 ).

Anil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago #9373 by Lorraine Constable
Good afternoon Anil,

A quick look at your spreadsheet indicates that the subsets you are reviewing come from v3 value sets. I would not necessarily expect that the v3 display name match the FHIR display name, particularly since they have different conventions regarding case, etc.

We have v3 systems in production today, so I would be cautious about trying match them directly with FHIR. Those mappings will need to be considered as we choose value set bindings for FHIR, but existing v3 production systems need to be supported.

1 month 3 weeks ago #9357 by Anil Patel
Dear HL7 members,

I hope this message finds you both well. Infoway is currently in the process of updating the HL7 subsets on the Terminology Gateway to align with the latest version available on the THO (Terminology Health Organization). This update may impact work on existing systems or ongoing work and I am interested in any feedback before finalizing the first batch of changes. I am reaching out to you to as you may have some lessons learned from the past or lessons why we should not do this.

HL7 international process for governance and maintenance of the vocabulary published by HL7 is called Unified Terminology Governance, or "UTG". Vocab has moved from 3 times a year to continuous process managed by JIRA tickets. The best part of this is that all terminology artefacts are present in one place. Older versions of HL7 V2, V3 and CDA values sets and Codesystems have been updated. The base value URL is set to terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem/ and terminology.hl7.org/ValueSet/ .

Some things have not been updated such as Value Sets and Code Systems defined as an integral part of the FHIR specification. This is managed by the FHIR governance. The same is true for CDA these are managed by C-CDA governance process

Could you please review the proposed updates at your earliest convenience? Your expertise is invaluable to ensure that the updates meet our shared standards for accuracy and usability. If you have any concerns or suggestions, or if further discussion is needed, do not hesitate to let us know.

I am have uploaded the Mismatched name HERE

I appreciate your feedback.

Warm regards,

Anil

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.