Share this page:

question-circle CeRX Question - Compounds

5 years 10 months ago #4016 by Iryna Roy
Replied by Iryna Roy on topic CeRX Question - Compounds
Thank you, Tanya and Jean!

Yes, active ingredients! We've got 11 :-)

I will test if the message accepts more than 10 in the province.

Kind regards,
Iryna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #4013 by Tanya Achilles
Hi Iryna,

There was a change request for this and in CeRx version 4.4.2 the cardinality for compound ingredients is now 0..50. You can see it here on HL7 Explorer infocentral.infoway-inforoute.ca/extra/ca/cerx442-html/html/message.html?COCT_MT220100CA.Medication

Some of the provinces may have adopted this change even if they are on an earlier version of CeRx.

Tanya

5 years 10 months ago #4009 by Jean Duteau
I'm assuming that you mean ingredients in a medication as that is where I see a limit of 0..10. Although you could send every ingredient for a medication, you can also just restrict it to the active ingredients and I don't know of any drugs that have more than 10 active ingredients.

If you didn't mean ingredients, can you give us more information about where you see a limit on compounds?

Thanks, Jean

5 years 10 months ago #4007 by Iryna Roy
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the forum for this kind of questions but I will try.

We are using the CeRX standard for DIS messaging. According to the standard, the number of compounds in the message is limited to 10. What do we do if there are more than 10? Based on the priority or any other criteria? Appreciate other implementers feedback.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Iryna

Moderators: Linda MonicoSeema Nayani

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.