Share this page:

file Letter Ballot for Review (DICOM Supplement 230) Update BCP Secure Comm Profiles

1 year 7 months ago #8064 by Joanie Harper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #8062 by Joanie Harper
HI Thomas,

For each link, I was prompted to open Interner Explorer. All of the links worked after I accepted the prompt to open IE, although the Powerpoint was blocked by our security policy.

Let me know if that helps.

Joanie

1 year 7 months ago #8060 by Thomas Zhou
I can open none of the three documents.

Thomas

1 year 7 months ago #8056 by Joanie Harper
Hello all,
There is a letter ballot for Proposed DICOM Supplement 230 (Update BCP Secure Communications Profiles.
The letter ballot closes on October 27, 2022.
If you have any comments about the contents of this letter ballot, please post them to this thread by October 25th.

This Supplement adds two new Secure Transport Connection Profiles and retires several others.

The IETF recently updated the Best Current Practice document called BCP-195. The new document no longer allows downgrading to TLS 1.0 or 1.1, which necessitates DICOM retiring Secure Transport Connection Profiles that are based on those protocols. The new version of BCP-195 is more in line with DICOM’s B.10 Non-Downgrading BCP 195 Secure Transport Connection Profile.

In addition, the Japanese government has modified their guidelines for “high-security type” devices, hence the old Extended BCP 195 profile (B.11) is also now out of date, needs to be retired, and a new profile created that reflects the new revisions.

Supplement 230 can be accessed on the FTP:
Word Document format:
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/Supps/LB/sup230_lb_BCP_Updates.docx
PDF format:
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/Supps/LB/sup230_lb_BCP_Updates.pdf
PowerPoint Overview:
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/Supps/LB/sup230_lb_BCP_Updates.pptx

The Letter Ballot closes on October 27, 2022.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.