Infoway is redesigning the SNOMED CT Canadian Immunization model. A kick-off meeting was held on July 30, 2020, the first of a six-meeting series explaining the various changes to the terminology. The primary goal of the meetings is to inform the Public Health community (PHC) and other Canadian stakeholders on the alignment with international model, the guidelines and the proposed enhancements to support the newest PHC requirements. The expected outcomes of this project include a new Canadian vaccine model, editorial guidelines and remodeling of existing Canadian immunization concepts that will improve support for complex Canadian use cases.
The schedule for the weekly calls are as follows:
- Influenza vaccines – August 6
- Complex combined DPT-Polio-Hib-HB – August 13
- Coverage and naming conventions for vaccines – August 20
- Placeholder for an additional meeting – August 27
- Placeholder for an additional meeting – September 3
All meetings are scheduled on Thursday from 1:00-2:30 pm ET
Information about this project has been posted regularly to the Health Terminologies Community and the Public Health Community forums on InfoCentral. Details and presentations are also posted.