Connecting Patients for Better Care: The role of the patient in the digital world
Friday, April 28 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm
- Dr. Rashaad Bhyat, Physician Leader, Canada Health Infoway
- Dr. Asim Masood, Chief Medical Officer, Canada Health Infoway
- Anne Baldwin, Change & Evaluation Specialist, Canada Health Infoway
- Dr. Mike Figurski, Chief Executive Officer, Vistacan & Family Physician, Whitefoot Medical Clinic
The digital age is upon us. Technology has changed every aspect of our lives – how we work, live and play. While it’s been slower to adapt than other industries, the health system is just starting to experience what will likely be a fundamental shift in the role of the patient. Consumer engagement, for example, is the fastest growing sector of health IT investment. Why does this matter? Increasingly evidence suggests that engaged, empowered patients have better health outcomes. Harnessing technology and engaging the patient as a true partner in their care may require changes to the way we practice – and it will certainly require leadership and action.
- Understand attitudes, perceptions and desires of Canadians and physicians with respect to digital health
- Learn about various initiatives across Canada and internationally where patients are becoming increasingly engaged in their care and learn about what the future may look like
- Explore the implications of digital health and patient engagement on the patient/provider relationship and what, if any, changes are required
For more information or to register for the conference, visit the 2017 Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership webpage.
Ensure you make time in your schedule to visit the Infoway booth to learn more about how digital health is making a difference in patient care and safety.