Infoway is pleased to announce that the January 2016 versions of pan-Canadian LOINC Observation Code Database (pCLOCD) and Systematized NOmenclature of MEDicine Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT®) are now available for review and implementation.
Content highlights for the January 2016 release of pCLOCD include:
- New content has been added that was requested by British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 210 new French Canadian translations have been added
- Changes are based on the Dec 2015 International release of LOINC®
- Over 500 new Recommended Units of Measure, thanks to the volunteer efforts of the Canadian Society of Clinical Chemists
- Less than 500 records have been edited in either language.
Please refer to the pCLOCD Release Notes that accompany the release for further information on specific additions and changes that have been incorporated into this release.
Some content highlights for the January 2016 release of SNOMED CT include:
- 550 new concepts added to support the Microbiology Reporting project
- 224 new concepts added to support Anatomy concepts and model
- 93 new concepts added for Nursing Intervention activities related to the collaboration between IHTSDO and the International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- 87 new concepts added to the procedure hierarchy for Diagnostic Imaging
- 84 concepts inactivated as part of the LOINC – SNOMED CT Project
- Update to the SNOMED CT to ICD-10 map and SNOMED CT to ICD-9-CM map (last publication)
Please refer to SNOMED CT January 2016 International Release Notes that accompany the release for further information on specific additions and changes that have been incorporated into this release.
Requests for change to these terminology standards should be made via Infoway's request for change management system known as InfoRMS which is accessible once you have logged into your Infoway account.
If you don't have an Infoway account, request access to InfoCentral by signing up for an Infoway account and accepting the appropriate license agreements.