Share this page:

file Request for feedback: SNOMED CT Laboratory Findings Use of ‘Reference Range’ for Reporting

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 week ago #7702 by Rita Pyle
I am wondering if it would not be beneficial to qualify 'reference range' as 'normal reference range' because 'Reference Range could be overly ambiguous...
This would allow you to unambiguously specify <within/above/below>'normal reference range', 'therapeutic reference range' and 'toxic reference range'

For example 442766007 Alcohol in blood specimen above reference range (finding) is ambiguous - are we talking 'zero tolerance reference range' or 'intoxication reference range' or 'toxic/lethal' reference range?

Also
SNOMED is not accommodating differentiation/flagging of critical lab values (example critical high/ critical low potassium levels)

...just some thoughts...
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Rita Pyle. Reason: correct typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #7700 by Linda Parisien

2 years 1 month ago #7692 by Marion Long
Sorry, I am unable to access the briefing notes. Marion Long

2 years 1 month ago #7691 by Kelly Davison

2 years 1 month ago #7689 by Rita Pyle
Sorry - I can't seem to be able to access the briefing notes... I get Page not found....
Please advise

2 years 1 month ago #7655 by Debbie Onos
Good morning Linda,
Would it be beneficial to have this shared in the organism group for the clinical experts to see?
Have a wonderful day,
Debbie

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.