Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file HL7 Affiliate Chair Elections - Candidates

8 years 1 month ago #1085 by Lynne Zucker
Congratulations and thanks to Melva for continuing to provide this high level of leadership as a volunteer. We are glad to have you on-board, again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1084 by Wendy Huang
The nomination period announced on January 25th for the HL7 Canada’s Affiliate Chair closed on February 12, 2016. Thank you for your interest.

We are delighted to report that we have received one nomination for the chair, and as such, we are pleased to acclaim the current leader, Melva Peters, as the Affiliate Chair and welcome her continued leadership in the HL7 Canada community, as well as the InfoCentral HL7 Community.

To refer back to information on the election process please see HL7 Affiliate Chair Election 2016-2017 (ic.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/hl7/documents/695-hl7-affiliate-chair-election-2016-2017).

Please join us in congratulating Melva as she embarks on her next term.

8 years 2 months ago #1004 by Melva Peters
Nomination - Melva Peters

I am submitting my nomination for the HL7 Canada Affiliate Chair. Thank you.

I received my Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree from the University of British Columbia in 1983 and completed a one-year residency in Community Pharmacy the following year.

My health care system experience includes community pharmacy practice, ambulatory care practice as well as pharmacy regulatory practice. I currently hold a non-practicing license with the College of Pharmacists of BC.

The hands-on knowledge of the health care system and the administrative and managerial skills that were developed as the manager of the Ambulatory Care Pharmacy at BC Children’s Hospital have been enhanced by formal and informal training in health informatics including a certificate in Health Care Management and a Network Integration Certificate.

From April 1995 to January 2005 I was the PharmaNet Coordinator for the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and was instrumental in the successful rollout and launch of this ground breaking system. I played an integral role in the development, enhancement and on-going quality assurance of the PharmaNet system across all health professions. During the implementation of the system, I traveled province-wide to inform the pharmacists of British Columbia about the system and worked closely with BC Ministry of Health staff to develop the compliance standards, comprised of pharmacy practice standards as well as technology standards, which must be met by private software providers interested in pursuing PharmaNet connectivity. In addition, I consulted with software vendors and performed software compliance tests to ensure that the standards are met before the software is certified for use on the PharmaNet system.

Since 2005, I have provided consulting services to pan-Canadian jurisdictional e-Health initiatives, regulatory authorities, Canada Health Infoway and Ministries of Health. In 2014 I joined Gevity Consulting as their Industry Leader – Medication Management.

I was a member of Infoway’s CeRx Working Group from 2004-2005 and a member of Infoway’s Standards Collaborative participating primarily in SCWG 4 – Medication Management.

I actively participate in HL7 activities in Canada and Internationally and am the current HL7 Canada (Affiliate) Chair (Head of Delegation), elected in April 2012. I have been
a member of the HL7 Canada Council since 2010 and am the Leader of the HL7 Community that was established in 2015.

In addition, I have been a long-standing member of the Canadian delegation to HL7 International and have been active in HL7 Work Groups and Committees for 8 years. I am keenly aware of the interaction between HL7 Canada and HL7 International through active participation in the HL7 International Council that meets during HL7 Working Group Meetings.

Currently I provide HL7 leadership through these formal roles:

• Current HL7 Canada Chair/Head of Delegation (Affiliate Chair)
• Member of the HL7 Canada Council
• Co-Chair of the HL7 International Pharmacy Work Group
• Co-Chair of the HL7 International Education Work Group
• Co-Chair and member of the International Council
• Co-Chair of the Domain Experts Steering Division
• Member of the HL7 Technical Steering Committee (TSC)
• Appointed member of the HL7 International Membership and Strategic Resources Committee
• Appointed member of the HL7 International Finance Committee
• Senior tutor HL7 International e-Learning Course

I am formally seeking continued endorsement as HL7 Canada Head of Delegation as part of the Infoway Affiliate Chair Election Process and thank you for your support.

8 years 2 months ago #998 by Wendy Huang
The agreement with HL7 International entitles member countries (Affiliates) to a voting position at the HL7 International Council, a right that is exercised through an Affiliate representative called the Affiliate Chair. Having just renewed a two year agreement, Infoway is delighted to host the election for the Affiliate Chair position representing the HL7 Canada Constituency internationally for the term of the agreement (2016-2017).

We invite you to nominate the next HL7 Canada Affiliate Chair.

If you know of someone interested in:
  • representing HL7 Canada at HL7 International
  • leading the HL7 Community engagement
  • continuing to shape HL7 standards work in Canada
The nomination period takes place January 25 to February 12, 2016 in this community. The election process for the Affiliate Chair position begins with a three-week nomination period starting January 25, 2016.

For reference, the election timelines are:
  • Nominations January 25, 2016 – February 12, 2016
  • Voting February 22, 2016 – March 4, 2016
  • Affiliate Chair Announcement March 7, 2016

Eligible candidates may be nominated or may choose to self-nominate by posting short description of their qualifications and aspirations for the Affiliate Chair position, in this forum thread.

We look forward to a record number of nominations in the form of diverse, talented leaders that want to be involved in continuing to shape the HL7 Canada Community.

For full details on the HL7 Canada Elections, including requirements for nominations and voting, requirements for nominees, please review this detailed document: HL7 Affiliate Chair Election 2016-2017 (ic.infoway-inforoute.ca/en/resources/docs/hl7/documents/695-hl7-affiliate-chair-election-2016-2017).

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.