Upon first login after March 31, 2024, all Infoway Account users will be required to reconfirm acceptance of the Terms of Use and License Agreements. Learn More >

Share this page:

file Integrating Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Data to Address Health More Holistically

4 years 5 months ago #5428 by Andrea MacLean
Dear HL7 Community members,

I attended a HIMSS webinar earlier this week on SDOH, and knowing all of the work and interest in this topic here in Canada, I thought I let you know that a recording of the presentation is now available.

There is a lot of great success and lessons learned in this presentation that includes separate presentations from three individuals.

This description comes directly from their website:

An individual’s health and wellness extends beyond the walls of their doctor’s office. A myriad of social, behavioral and environmental determinants continuously impact a person’s health. Healthcare organizations have begun to recognize the value of understanding and addressing these determinants as part of the patient's clinical assessment and treatment plans. However, challenges remain in defining social determinants of health (SDOH) data, standardizing and integrating this data into patient care, and coordinating effectively with community resources to holistically improve an individual’s well-being. This roundtable examined current efforts to address these challenges and highlights a path forward for meaningful integration of SDOH data into the healthcare ecosystem. Presenters discussed progress to define and standardize SDOH data elements, highlight efforts to coordinate community resources for healthcare and social services and reveal how health plans are leveraging this data in patient and provider engagement of resources.

More information can be found here: www.himss.org/getinvolved/himss-quarterly-fall-2019-interoperability-hie-community-roundtable

Thank you.

Regards,

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

InfoCentral logo

Improving the quality of patient care through the effective sharing of clinical information among health care organizations, clinicians and their patients.